What Is The Best Way To Move Contacts From Blackberry Storm To Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Hi Android Noob here my phone is still on the FedEx truck but I'm wondering should I just take it to the Verizon store and let them do it on there machine? What other ways can it be done?

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Install Google Sync on your BB. There are many here that have done it and it works just fine.

Make sure you have a Gmail account set up.

3. omgitswes

omgitswes Well-Known Member

bluetooth?
    I'm not sure the storm has it (probably does though) but that's how I always move my contacts

4. Hellequin

Hellequin Well-Known Member

verizon backup assistant extremely easy

5. cyprus

cyprus New Member

I took mine into the store and had them do it. They had a few problems with the machine so to make things easier I would do the following before you go to the store.
    1. Power off your phone
    2. Insert the micro SD card
    3. Power it up
    4. format the new SD card

They finally got my contacts to transfer after the SD card was formatted... BTW don't let them try to charge you for this service (they told me its $20 to transfer contacts at my local store) I told them that their backup software doesn't install on the BB Storm so this is the only way to transfer and they need to wave the charge.

6. schap

schap Member

If you use Gmail it's very simple. Download Google Sync (http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/) on your Storm, which will sync your phone contacts to your Gmail account. Then when you get your Incredible and set up your Gmail account, make sure the option to sync contacts is checked, voila!

BetterMost likes this.
  7. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

I had blackberry desktop on the computer it was already set to sync the contacts to outlook. exported from outlook to a .csv file and imported into gmail. worked fine this way.

8. JimmyJam

JimmyJam Member

I did this, and it worked for me too.

I didn't have contacts in my outlook already, so I just changed the sync option in BB Desktop Messenger to transfer my contacts from phone to pc. Then, once they populated in my Outlook > Contacts, I used the export function from the File menu, eliminated all the useless fields, and saved it as a .CSV file.

Then, go into gmail, click on Contacts, then Import, and chose the CSV file i just saved.

I'm sure there's probably an easier way than this, but it wasn't that hard and got me what I needed without additional software in less than 10 minutes.

9. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Yea, Google Sync is much easier. It syncs your contacts straight to Gmail. No need to export/import.

10. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

WOW that was crazy I signed into GMail and they were all there like magic! Thanks Guys Im really going to be needing your help in the coming days figuring this whole Android thing out!:D

11. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

If I can make a suggestion: Read through User Guide that is stickied at the top of the forums.

There's also a simulator on the VZW site:

DROID? Incredible Interactive "How To" Simulator

12. mhardy3

mhardy3 Member

Thanks i did then cvs method from groupwise and it worked like a charm