• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Is The Best Way To Move Contacts From Blackberry Storm To Incredible?

Hi Android Noob here my phone is still on the FedEx truck but I'm wondering should I just take it to the Verizon store and let them do it on there machine? What other ways can it be done?

I took mine into the store and had them do it. They had a few problems with the machine so to make things easier I would do the following before you go to the store.
1. Power off your phone
2. Insert the micro SD card
3. Power it up
4. format the new SD card

They finally got my contacts to transfer after the SD card was formatted... BTW don't let them try to charge you for this service (they told me its $20 to transfer contacts at my local store) I told them that their backup software doesn't install on the BB Storm so this is the only way to transfer and they need to wave the charge.

Upvote 0
I had blackberry desktop on the computer it was already set to sync the contacts to outlook. exported from outlook to a .csv file and imported into gmail. worked fine this way.

I did this, and it worked for me too.

I didn't have contacts in my outlook already, so I just changed the sync option in BB Desktop Messenger to transfer my contacts from phone to pc. Then, once they populated in my Outlook > Contacts, I used the export function from the File menu, eliminated all the useless fields, and saved it as a .CSV file.

Then, go into gmail, click on Contacts, then Import, and chose the CSV file i just saved.

I'm sure there's probably an easier way than this, but it wasn't that hard and got me what I needed without additional software in less than 10 minutes.

Upvote 0
I did this, and it worked for me too.

I didn't have contacts in my outlook already, so I just changed the sync option in BB Desktop Messenger to transfer my contacts from phone to pc. Then, once they populated in my Outlook > Contacts, I used the export function from the File menu, eliminated all the useless fields, and saved it as a .CSV file.

Then, go into gmail, click on Contacts, then Import, and chose the CSV file i just saved.

I'm sure there's probably an easier way than this, but it wasn't that hard and got me what I needed without additional software in less than 10 minutes.

Yea, Google Sync is much easier. It syncs your contacts straight to Gmail. No need to export/import.

Upvote 0
If you use Gmail it's very simple. Download Google Sync (Google Sync for your phone) on your Storm, which will sync your phone contacts to your Gmail account. Then when you get your Incredible and set up your Gmail account, make sure the option to sync contacts is checked, voila!

WOW that was crazy I signed into GMail and they were all there like magic! Thanks Guys Im really going to be needing your help in the coming days figuring this whole Android thing out!:D

Upvote 0
WOW that was crazy I signed into GMail and they were all there like magic! Thanks Guys Im really going to be needing your help in the coming days figuring this whole Android thing out!:D

If I can make a suggestion: Read through User Guide that is stickied at the top of the forums.

There's also a simulator on the VZW site:

DROID? Incredible Interactive "How To" Simulator

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones