• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is the best way to root a Captivate?

I have never had GalaxyS_One-Click_Root_All_Models to fail on my Captivate. I have used it a half dozen times or so with success ...

GalaxyS_One-Click_Root_All_Models.rar

... but as always, execute at your own risk ...

Is there a site or thread that talks about this program more? Zman and I are looking to root his captivate and this seems really similar to the UnrEVOked one-click method for the EVO.

Reactions: Zman06
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I came here on my phone, downloaded Unleash the Beast, renamed it in myfiles, booted into recovery mode, reinstalled packages and was rooted at the end of it.

UTB is very old and outdated. Many users have reported issues after running it. Be careful.

There are simpler and safer ways to root, mentioned earlier in this thread already.

Upvote 0
UTB is very old and outdated. Many users have reported issues after running it. Be careful.

There are simpler and safer ways to root, mentioned earlier in this thread already.
I was going to try one that was connecting to a computer, but my new laptop doesn't seem to want to connect to my phone. Same with my last phone before I broke it. My old laptop that barely runs works fine with the phones. Win XP vs Windows 7. My buddy has a Sprint Droid phone, forgot which, and he has issues with Windows 7 too.

Upvote 0
I think I'm going to root. I really want to start customizing the phone more but can't do that unless I'm rooted. I also want to use some of the other applications that require to be rooted. I'm looking to follow mobiletechvideos' way of rooting. When I root, can I just continue to use the stock 2.2 froyo that I'm currently using? I don't think I'm ready to be flashing different roms yet. Thanks!

edit: I rooted using super one click. It was fast and simple.

Reactions: Andrewdroid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones