• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is the highest class and GB Micro SD card

It should work with class 6 up to 32GB capacity, but that's overkill since it's not a true high-def recording device.

Lots of threads on this, but I don't think anyone who's not doing regular max-quality (but still not true 1080p recording) should bother with much over 32GB class 2.

Class 6 is plenty fine.

Class 10 really is for other far more sophisticated recording devices than Evo.

Upvote 0
My stock 8GB MicroSD card tested at 2Mbps so I believe all EVOs shipped with Class 2 cards.

If you're going to load/restore and backup ROMs, then of course the read/write speed will have an impact on how long it will take to complete the process, too. Also, if you move apps to the SD card like most do, a faster card can help load apps faster. I noticed a difference when I switched to a 16GB Class 6 card.

Your mileage may vary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones