• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is this ICS Icon?

CeruChick

Lurker
Jul 16, 2012
I updated my Note to ICS and now I have a mysterious icon I cannot figure out...

Okay well I can't post a picture due to the forum restrictions so I will do my best to describe the icon that is in my notification bar:
  • It is a N with a blue wifi symbol on the bottom left-hand corner of it (hiding part of the N)
  • It is right-aligned in my notification bar (meaning right next to my "silent mode" icon and network bars, etc)
I have no idea what this icon is for or what functionality it serves - I can't find a setting to toggle it on or off. Does anyone know what it is or what its for?

Any info will be great! Thanks!

International version of the Note (N7000) says 'NFC Optional' according to GSM Arena. The North American Version (i717 w/ LTE) has NFC. I don't have any experience with the international version so I can't speak to the truth of those specs. Do some of the international Notes have NFC an some not?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones