• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Memory Card To Get???

jhern87

May 12, 2009
So I just recently heard about the new "cupcake" update so I figured that I should probably get a memory card for my phone (didn't purchase one when I got my phone)..

If I remember right the people at T-Mobile were trying to charge me like 50 some on dollars for a little memory card (something like 2GB or something?). So I went on eBay to try and find some and ran across a bunch of different kinds.

g1 memory card, Cameras Photo, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com

has anyone ever purchased one of these cards before? or are currently using one of them? I want to buy one but am not sure which one would be the best. Any thoughts? :thinking:

Upvote 0
The one on Amazon would work. The Newegg one no. Has to be microSD.

Oh ok, sweet thanks.. Would that one be good enough for me?.. I was thinking about getting a 16GB one but I don't really listen to music or watch movies on my phone (don't like the USB headphones), so I'm not sure I really need it..

I generally use my G1 for typical communication needs. Though I do download a lot of apps and I plan on using the video camera. Will 8GB's most likely be enough?

Upvote 0
If you have anything saved on the current card (they should all come with the 1gig) you can copy everything to your PC and then the new card. There may be something special you need to do, but I have not read about anything like that. AFAIK it should just pop in and be good to go.

I'm sure one of our resident experts will be able to tell you for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones