• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What new advancements in the next year will phones after the EVO have?

Oh I see.

AS more info comes in, rest assured that there will be alot more threads in this section and before you know it, things will be pushed down to the next page.

TS

Edit: Just came across this article talking about Hesse and the WiMax marriage which has been mentioned alot recently, but what I find interesting is the part of this...
In addition, products like the battery-operated router from Cradlepoint Technology could bring WiMAX capabilities to devices that aren't even WiMAX-enabled, as long as they are Wi-Fi-enabled. Cradlepoint's router converts a WiMAX signal into a Wi-Fi signal that can connect to as many as eight Wi-Fi devices. Motorola also has developed a device that combines WiMAX with a Wi-Fi front-end radio, but the vendor so far only is making that product for the 3.5 GHz band.
Thats another thing that might be in a future enhancement.

Upvote 0
Screw the current battery, I say put in a nuclear reactor in there and put every one else to shame. :D

But seriously, everything else is either getting smaller (components), bigger (screens) but the battery. They really need to come up with a better longer lasting battery.

TS out (putting on a nuclear reactor suit)

Don't count the nuclear battery out. Check this out:

"
Penny-size nuclear battery keeps going and going

"Scientists at the University of Missouri are developing a small nuclear battery that they say can hold a million times more charge than standard batteries.

Penny-size nuclear battery keeps going and going | Crave - CNET

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones