• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What ROM are you using?

I just rooted on Wednesday and am using SkyRaider 2.5.2. The only issue I've had so far was that the official Swype app said that the version of Swype on my phone was for another devise and the swype function didn't work. It only worked as a normal touch keyboard. I also got an email from Google saying "Your new Nexus One phone has many cool and useful features." So I found another version of swype over at XDA, uninstalled the old version and installed the new one. Everything's good so far.

Upvote 0
i am currently running virtous rom with stock kernel. love it. i put kingskernel on but my inc started to freeze and get really sluggish. flashed stock kernel back and now it runs great. i'm still new to root and flashing so could be something i missed with kingskernel that started the sluggishness, don't know. haven't had much time to research today. anyway, virtous is really nice.

Upvote 0
i am currently running virtous rom with stock kernel. love it. i put kingskernel on but my inc started to freeze and get really sluggish. flashed stock kernel back and now it runs great. i'm still new to root and flashing so could be something i missed with kingskernel that started the sluggishness, don't know. haven't had much time to research today. anyway, virtous is really nice.
King kernels take a little while (a couple of reboots) to reach their full potential....they are my kernels of choice....and the kernels i will include in my roms from now on

Upvote 0
Running Virtuous, Day 2. Seeing lags that really bug me so tried BFS 1 today. Lag.

Installed BFS 2 tonight; we'll see.

So far I'm pretty disappointed in the ROMS created from the OTA.

the lag your seeing is because by default the scaling is conservative. If you want change it to ondemand in setCpu

Upvote 0
King kernels take a little while (a couple of reboots) to reach their full potential....they are my kernels of choice....and the kernels i will include in my roms from now on

You have to be kidding me. Sorry but this comment is nothing short of outright fallacy. He just made it up. Please do not take any technical advice from jdkoreclipse.

There is no state preserved from the perspective of the kernel between reboots. Any self-optimization the kernel does at runtime is lost at reboot. If it were preserving state, it would need to have access to a block device for itself which it does not.

Mods, I ask you please, stop this guy from spreading misinformation like this which he is just making up.

Upvote 0
You have to be kidding me. Sorry but this comment is nothing short of outright fallacy. He just made it up. Please do not take any technical advice from jdkoreclipse.

There is no state preserved from the perspective of the kernel between reboots. Any self-optimization the kernel does at runtime is lost at reboot. If it were preserving state, it would need to have access to a block device for itself which it does not.

Mods, I ask you please, stop this guy from spreading misinformation like this which he is just making up.

this is MY EXPERIENCES WITH KING KERNELS!!!!!!! My phone would go into a bit of shock after overclocking to 1.2 ghz, and i would have to battery pull, reboot like 2-3 times, and my phone would be up and running and good to go...not all hardware is the same...king kernels may be clean on the first reboot for YOU, that doesnt mean that they are clean at first for ME!!!!! SOme phones cant handle 1.15 ghz...hell, when the newer cm6 nightlies came out, some phones couldnt handle the 1.113 ghz kernel.....NOT ALL PHONES ARE THE SAME.......

Upvote 0
Guys, keep it nice!

Experiences vary, preferences vary.

Ultimately it is up to each user to read and read and find what THEY find to be the most beneficial information.

Now, that being said, please stop arguing. :) Discussions and disagreements are always welcome, but it all comes down to the way it is worded.

Reactions: Casbah
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones