• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What to do first with my Incredible 2

Live2Race

Aug 30, 2011
Hi, i am new here and i actually been searching on here for a little bit now to find the answers im looking for, but cannot find them. I am sure they are here somewhere.

I got my new Droid Incredible 2 today and i am wondering what are the first things i should do with it after i have it up and running? Certain apps, or settings i should have or get rid of? stuff like that.

Thank you all

You could try a new launcher such as ADW or Launcher Pro. You can change the whole look of your phone with one if these.

Simi Clock Widget is a simple, little clock widget if you are into minimal screens.

Beautiful Widgets is nice if you dig the Sense clock and weather. Its very customizable.

Pandora is a great music app. So is Tune In Radio. Tune In allows you to listen to local radio.

Google Sky Maps is a neat tool to have if you are into astronomy.

Angry Birds is a good game to play when you are taking a dump.

Skype is a good tool to use to make video calls. You have to get the one in the market. The preinstalled Skype Mobile does not have this feature.

And, there's always rooting, installing a custom ROM and overclocking!

Reactions: Live2Race
Upvote 0
are these apps free? how do i know if they cost anything?

You could try a new launcher such as ADW or Launcher Pro. You can change the whole look of your phone with one if these.

Simi Clock Widget is a simple, little clock widget if you are into minimal screens.

Beautiful Widgets is nice if you dig the Sense clock and weather. Its very customizable.

Pandora is a great music app. So is Tune In Radio. Tune In allows you to listen to local radio.

Google Sky Maps is a neat tool to have if you are into astronomy.

Angry Birds is a good game to play when you are taking a dump.

Skype is a good tool to use to make video calls. You have to get the one in the market. The preinstalled Skype Mobile does not have this feature.

And, there's always rooting, installing a custom ROM and overclocking!

Upvote 0
a good thing to get first is a virus scanner. I had Lookout on my Blackberry and use the same account on my DInc2.

Call Control is cool, for blacklisting telemarketers and ex-girlfriends and stuff.

I've been messing with GoLauncherEX and LuncherPro for custom looking home screens and icons.

just be careful and read reviews and stuff. Market is full of bad apps. I've had to hard reset 3 times in a week from who knows what.

Upvote 0
when i save my custom ringtones it only saves them for the ringer, not for notifications, i have tried everything. all i see in the notifications is the default ones.

There might be another way to do this, but download Handcent sms from the market and install. You can use this as a replacement for the stock sms/mms app or you can leave it be, but with it installed you can access any of your music files when you choose a ringtone/notification tone. You will go through the same steps as before, but now there will be an option for using Handcent picker to choose, then an option for system or music for the sound file. Choose music and you should be able to browse through all your music files and assign any one you want to notifications.

Added perk to this is you get to try Handcent. I have used it since my first Android phone and love it for it's customizability and features. If you install it and don't want to receive double notifications when you receive a text, go into your stock messaging app and "turn off" the notifications from within the app settings.

Upvote 0
Be careful with that htc droid incredible 2 while you are playing angry birds on the pot, if you get to excited smashing those piggies and drop it, all you will be left with is a bricked black turd.

And people might begin to wonder about the sounds of frustration and or joy coming from your stall.

Upvote 0
You can check out the 30 additional skins for htc sense on xda. Just search "skin it tutorial xda" & click the first result, these are for use if you are on 2.2.1
You will need to go to a different xda page if you are on 2.3.3 can't find the proper link now but I think it is on here in the thread "you have gingerbread now what?"

My phone is not rooted and I am on 2.2.1, still. (slaps forehead)
Using all these skins makes me feel kinda like I have a rooted phone because I am able to change and customize so much.
I'm satisfied with that.

Upvote 0
You can check out the 30 additional skins for htc sense on xda. Just search "skin it tutorial xda" & click the first result, these are for use if you are on 2.2.1
You will need to go to a different xda page if you are on 2.3.3 can't find the proper link now but I think it is on here in the thread "you have gingerbread now what?"

My phone is not rooted and I am on 2.2.1, still. (slaps forehead)
Using all these skins makes me feel kinda like I have a rooted phone because I am able to change and customize so much.
I'm satisfied with that.

+1

Upvote 0
I need some help with the tunein app...anybody? I can't figure out what setting to go to...please see below and help if you can..Many thanks!!

On an Android device, click your settings physical settings button and then settings.

I'm trying to cut off the "shake" feature. when I am walking and listening to a station it will switch to another station because the phone is moving in my hand..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones