• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What went wrong with Android Forums

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
Recently I was trying to use AF but it was down for "maintenance". It's down all right. I finally got on just now and was barely able to find how to post. I know I usually complain about something else but this time it's AF itself. What is up with this? It's really ugly and hard to use. PLEASE go back to the real Android Forums!

Upvote 0
Guess you were away for a while. Forum software got updated recently, get used to it. Still a work in progress with some tweaks going on but this is basically it.
At least you missed the part right at the beginning where everyone's logins were broken, that's fixed now.

Upvote 0
we get more emojis:
:unsure: :ninja::poop::coffee::alien::devilish::sleep:(y)(n)

we get gifs:
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

the most annoying thing is that there are now ads
Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
The forum software was way out of date and needed to be updated. The login problem was an unexpected consequence of the update and it affected everyone, took a day or two to resolve but it's all fixed now.
The complaint dept. is here-
@Rob
But yes this is how it is going forward, it's not going back to how it was although things may change a bit over time in response to suggestions and issues that come up.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Just for the record, I don't get any ads whatsoever using Chrome for mobile in Dark Mode for this site.

I can be plagued by adverts and video pop ups, as Moody Blues described elsewhere, on Chrome particularly from a Discovery feed or just some regular websites I visit, despite selecting minimal cookies rather than just hitting Accept.

I don't have a VPN service.

I'm in the UK using an up to date Xiaomi device.
I have a standard membership on this forum.

Go figure? My Mummy did say I was special!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones