• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What would the best rom and kernal be for gaming?

Eruptune

Dec 28, 2010
I'm trying to run games like Dungeon defenders as fast as possible, I was looking at roms like CM and baked snacks, but which one is faster? Also what would be a good kernal/rom combo? I'm gonna root my phone for the first time later and I want a couple of recommendations before I do it, if its no big deal! Thanks :)

I'm trying to run games like Dungeon defenders as fast as possible, I was looking at roms like CM and baked snacks, but which one is faster? Also what would be a good kernal/rom combo? I'm gonna root my phone for the first time later and I want a couple of recommendations before I do it, if its no big deal! Thanks :)

I think I may answered your question in another thread. The battery life/performance isn't as dependent on the ROM as it is the Kernel. A good ROM/Kernel combo in my opinion is Myn's Warm RLS4/Netarchy 4.2.1 cfs more havs. That combo has worked well for me and quite a few others BUT what works for one group can prove to be unstable for another. Also you're going to want to get SetCPU from the market so you can overclock to reduce any lag you may be currently experiencing when you're running those games you mentioned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones