• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's a good mouse?

zuben el genub

Extreme Android User
Jan 24, 2011
Most of what I see advertised are either Logitech or Microsoft. I had a Gearhead a while ago and that lasted longer. A lot of the others are brands I've never heard of except HP and Dell. I wouldn't trust those 2 as I am using a refurb Pavilion and have removed a lot of HP's crap.

I'd prefer no Microsoft, but I've lost 2 inexpensive Logitech in a year. They just quit, no light comes on.
I don't use the extras, so all I need is left, right click and scroll button, and it has to be a small mouse for a laptop. I'm used to the old Wacom Graphire tablets that had no extra controls, so basic is just fine.

Had to jump through hoops to install an older Wacom Bamboo. The tablet works fine, but trying to keep the stylus handy when there is no room to do so is the pits.

Reactions: Dngrsone and mikedt
Three mice here:

1) Mouow, a real cheapo, doesn't work on dark surfaces(partially blind) and it squeaks!
2) Tsinghua Tongfang, cheapish wireless mouse, it's not bad, is comfortable and seems to work OK.
3) Apple Magic Mouse, have only used it with my new Macbook Air so far, which it came with.
IMG20151107212941.jpg

BTW Mouow are definitely a winner in the fugly and crap category.
mouow.jpg

Basically cheapo knock-off Alienware or Razer.

One button puck mouse. :thumbsupdroid:
1659_20_the-apple-hockey-puck-mouse-buy-a-mac-and-replace-the-mouse.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Vulcan had some liquid you clean electrical parts with to ensure contact.

He wiped out the mouse, and took his battery tester to the whole bag of AAAs.

It's working.

That Bamboo tablet wasn't that old. You had to do things a little differently on XP so I'm thinking that 7 was really catching on as XP was fading. Thought 7 was supposed to be better on PnP. Mint 17 has no problem with it.
If my old original IBM clicker keyboards can still work -----

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones