• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the most powerful battery that

Upvote 0
I hope its a lot better..I want a battery that will last me quite a bit longer. How much longer do u think?

Definitely looking at this battery as well.... Would love to know how much juice you get out of it.

I'm a HEAVY user and the standard batter...geesh....lucky if it makes it through 8-9 hours. Maybe 10 if I'm lucky.

After seeing that battery study, I'm a little gun shy about buying anything other than OEM.

And knowing the VZ extended is coming out in a few weeks...and should only add about a mm or so (yes new door) may go to that (although it will kill using it in any docks)

Upvote 0
I hope its a lot better..I want a battery that will last me quite a bit longer. How much longer do u think?

Ideally a little under 35% longer. ( The stock is 1300 mAh. So, 1750/1300=1.34615... ) Of course, we don't know how either one measured the rated capacities, the variance from battery to battery, etc.

Interestingly, a lot of people with the 1750 are showing something like 300% increase which could suggest there is something wrong with the 1300 stock. ( I'm slowly starting to lean towards this due to several things. First that each time someone with a seidio measures it, it tends to be significantly outside the 35% increase we SHOULD see, but also due to the variance in some of the stock batteries. It seems some people are getting significantly more out of the same battery. )

However, I should mention that we still need a ton more information on all battery types, usage, etc. before we can really figure out what is going on. It could be any one of those things is just a fluke so far.

We really need more people to go over and post their data at: http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/70460-battery-life-test-stats.html

Good or bad, 1300, 1500, 1750,etc battery...all of it. Include as much detail as you possibly can ( especially if you are outside the apparent norm. such as people with very high awake times.)

Upvote 0
So, wait for the VZW 1750 or get one from Seido?

Well, the verizon one should be 2150 not 1750. However, it will also require ( and come with ) a new back...and if you have a case that isn't loose it probably won't work. ( The new battery is said to add 1mm which isn't much, but if your phone is already a snug fit, you probably aren't getting it in there. 1mm is probably a little less than the camera cover/"lens" sticks out. )

As for docks, hard to say. Depends on how exactly they design the case, the design of the dock itself, etc. Basically, we won't know until they actually release the battery:)

As for time period: Rumor has it either this week, or early next week. Take that for what it is though, a rumor. It could be true, it could be false.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones