What's the most powerful battery thatGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what is the most powerful battery I can get for my dinc that will fit in dinc like original battety, not requiring new battery door?

Advertisement
  2. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member

3. Beer Baron

Beer Baron Member

I just installed this battery this morning and I can confirm it fits with the stock battery cover. I'll let you know after some actual use how much longer it lasts vs the stock battery.

zanza, iowabowtech and billybob275 like this.
  4. billybob275

Good to hear! Mine should arrive this afternoon, I'm hoping I get better results from this battery than from the stock one.

5. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member

Any update on the longevity of this battery, is it really gives more juice than the stock battery?

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I know it's still early. Just a bump for many interested parties I'm sure.

7. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

I hope its a lot better..I want a battery that will last me quite a bit longer. How much longer do u think?

8. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member

Definitely looking at this battery as well.... Would love to know how much juice you get out of it.

I'm a HEAVY user and the standard batter...geesh....lucky if it makes it through 8-9 hours. Maybe 10 if I'm lucky.

After seeing that battery study, I'm a little gun shy about buying anything other than OEM.

And knowing the VZ extended is coming out in a few weeks...and should only add about a mm or so (yes new door) may go to that (although it will kill using it in any docks)

9. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

10. texasboylaw

texasboylaw Well-Known Member

what does bump mean when its used dealing with the battery

11. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Ideally a little under 35% longer. ( The stock is 1300 mAh. So, 1750/1300=1.34615... ) Of course, we don't know how either one measured the rated capacities, the variance from battery to battery, etc.

Interestingly, a lot of people with the 1750 are showing something like 300% increase which could suggest there is something wrong with the 1300 stock. ( I'm slowly starting to lean towards this due to several things. First that each time someone with a seidio measures it, it tends to be significantly outside the 35% increase we SHOULD see, but also due to the variance in some of the stock batteries. It seems some people are getting significantly more out of the same battery. )

However, I should mention that we still need a ton more information on all battery types, usage, etc. before we can really figure out what is going on. It could be any one of those things is just a fluke so far.

We really need more people to go over and post their data at: http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/70460-battery-life-test-stats.html

Good or bad, 1300, 1500, 1750,etc battery...all of it. Include as much detail as you possibly can ( especially if you are outside the apparent norm. such as people with very high awake times.)

12. The Antagonist

The Antagonist Active Member

I've had a mixed bag with Seidio in the past. Had one for a BB Storm that was worthless, but my wife has one on a BB Tour that works well. I opted for the safe route this time and got an official HTC 1500 mAh model which gives a 15% jump over the stock model.

13. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq Well-Known Member

14. billybob275

Sigh... FedEx lost my shipment. So much for 2-day shipping. Considering I have to travel out of town tomorrow, it seems I won't be able to share my experience w/ the 1750 battery until later next week.

15. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

So, wait for the VZW 1750 or get one from Seido?

16. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Well, the verizon one should be 2150 not 1750. However, it will also require ( and come with ) a new back...and if you have a case that isn't loose it probably won't work. ( The new battery is said to add 1mm which isn't much, but if your phone is already a snug fit, you probably aren't getting it in there. 1mm is probably a little less than the camera cover/"lens" sticks out. )

As for docks, hard to say. Depends on how exactly they design the case, the design of the dock itself, etc. Basically, we won't know until they actually release the battery:)

As for time period: Rumor has it either this week, or early next week. Take that for what it is though, a rumor. It could be true, it could be false.