• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your coolest/favorite ringtone?

I just listened to some Jedi Mind Tricks earlier today. :D

Jedi Mind Tricks is dope. So is Dutch

Vin gave me an early birthday gift and took me out to Cali for the Rock The Bells shows that he did. I was able to meet some people like Slick Rick, Muggs from Cypress Hill, and Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine. Tom played with his new band Street Sweeper Social Club and they were insane. Did you guys pick up Vin's new solo album? It's probably his best work yet.

Upvote 0
My default ringtone is Ride the Lightning and default SMS is Super Mario Coin.
Haven't gotten around to all of my contacts but I have unique tones for people I talk to a lot.
Ringtones
Down in a Hole : Alice in Chains
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap : AC/DC
Shout at the Devil : Motley Crue
Amber :311

Notifications
Doh! : Homer
Zelda catch item
pac man death
x-flies them intro
mario brothers 1 up
r2d2 scream
Beavis : I am cornholio!

Upvote 0
I have no idea if i actually am a power-user, but i know i use it wayyyyy heavier than my wife lol.

The phone ringtone i can handle, but the alerts are driving me crazy lol. I need something simple and quick, since it goes off so often.

I get about 75-150 emails a day, 30-50 txts a day, maybe 10 MMS a day

So what are yall using? Right now i have some sort of a single water drop sound, for my emails.

And for msgs i use the ICQ "Ut-Oh" alert.

PS, am i a power-user? lol

Upvote 0
Just posted this as a thread but does anyone know how to assign a ring tones to a group of contacts all at once? After doing a factory reset I lost all of the ring tone settings because they didn't sync along with the contact info. I had assigned ring tones to each individual one by one before but don't want to go through the hassle of doing that again.
Thanks for any help you can give me.......

Upvote 0
Though most all of my ringtones are music, I have a couple that are voice clips.

Default - Usually theme songs, right now switching between Bones & Californication, looking for White Collar & Long Hard Time To Come from Justified
Brother1 - Deep Purple - Highway Star
Sister1 - Boston - More Than a Feeling
Brother2 - Head East - Never Been Any Reason
Brother3 - Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
Sister2 - James Gang - Standing in the Rain
Brother4 - Warren Zevon - My Sh*ts F*cked Up
Brother5 - Ryan Reynolds (as Forrest Gump) "Momma says they're my magic shoes, momma says they'd take me anywhere. Course momma used to beat me with a rubber hose, call me a r*****."
Parents - Unknown - "Parent Alert! Parent Alert! Parents calling on your mobile! This is not a drill!"
Coworkers - Family Guy (Star Wars) - Muzak version of Imperial March
Friends - Batman (1960s) - "They may be drinkers Robin, but they're also human beings."

My favorite would have to be the Ryan Reynolds imitating Forrest Gump. It's from the movie Waiting. Even if I'm in a bad mood, it brings a smile to my face.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones