• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite plant?

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    I just got this guy but having a hard time keeping him alive
    20230729_113010.jpg

We get a LOT of flies in that window from leaving the door open in nice weather so hope they'll catch something!

The one i can smoke :ROFLMAO:
    They just legalized recreational marijuana in my state, so actually, I can legally grow two plants:

Would love to give it a try but no clue where to start and I'm sure it isn't all that easy compared to a zz plant!

Upvote 0
    Speaking of weeds, my favorite plant is okra which is pretty much a weed in most peoples mind. It's difficult to not have ideal soil, temps, water, etc for the plant to not do well. Okra is my favorite veggie. I love it fried and boiled and big fan of it being hot pickled. I love okra in a soup or stew. I love it fried as a side. I just love okra and it easy to grow and it's full of nutrients. When my family first migrated from the South to Kansas, we had to travel to Oklahoma to buy our seed. It was a southern vegetable that hadn't caught on in the northern states. Nowadays it is prevalent here and is readily available at markets. Good stuff!

Upvote 0
    I put okra in a soup years ago and now it's a must have veggie in our soups. I grew up eating okra and my wife.. not any exposure. She now loves it fried and it has to be in a home made soup. She likes it pickled as long as it's not too hot. I successfully made her an okra eater as well as turnips. She introduced me to new flavors as well. Garlic, radish, and sweet basil were not in my diet growing up. I Know there are more instances of melting tastes in marriage but the point at hand is, okra was an easy sell. I can't get my wife to eat grits or hominy or egg plant... so some flavors / textures can't be sold.

Upvote 0
    I'm kinda fond of oak trees. We have one growing half way down our garden as a result of a squirrel storing an acorn for the winter and then forgetting where it had put it.

I tried keeping flytraps a couple of times a long time ago, but never had much luck. The trouble is that any houseplant I keep has to be robust against neglect! My longest survivor is a peace lilly, which has the very useful ability to wilt badly long before any lasting harm is done, i.e. it gives you a clear warning that you need to water it without it already being too late. ;)

Upvote 0
    Before I had children, I turned one of the bedrooms into a plant room. I was, and still am fascinated with cacti and succulents and had the room filled with them. I installed grow lights and gave the plants lots of attention. Unfortunately, cacti do not need attention and methodically I put the death curse on them. I was fortunate to sell a lot of my surviving cacti to a dealer in town before I killed all of them. The bedroom was converted into a nursery and I like to think that I did a better job raising children than cacti.

Upvote 0
    I put okra in a soup years ago and now it's a must have veggie in our soups. I grew up eating okra and my wife.. not any exposure. She now loves it fried and it has to be in a home made soup. She likes it pickled as long as it's not too hot. I successfully made her an okra eater as well as turnips. She introduced me to new flavors as well. Garlic, radish, and sweet basil were not in my diet growing up. I Know there are more instances of melting tastes in marriage but the point at hand is, okra was an easy sell. I can't get my wife to eat grits or hominy or egg plant... so some flavors / textures can't be sold.

I love me some Grits , i also love Hominy especially in the Mexican soup called Menudo .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones