• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root When to expect stable ROMs for Jelly Bean 4.1?

I'm surprised I didn't find anything when I did a search...

But with the buzz around 4.1, of course the question is begging to be asked of when can we expect developers to be kind enough to make some Rezound ROMs for us?
For me, I'm only interested in the stable/matured releases.

unfortunatley,i would not hold my breath. :(

we have ics roms now,since we have leaks for our forthcoming vzw/htc supported OTA. i have not heard if any of the current lineup will be getting official jelly bean,but if we do,i imagine its a long way off,since we do not even have ics officially yet. if the changes from 4.0 to 4.1 are not drastic,its possible we may get updates,but my feelings are that 4.1 will more or less be on the nexus,and newer,yet to be released or anounced handsets.

what about AOSP? we still do not have stable 4.0 roms,yet,due to the lack of working RIL(basically te roms have no data,sms,or phone calls),so again,i dont think stable 4.1 will hit us for awhile.

once we have working AOSP 4.0,then 4.1 may come much faster.

im sure you will see the usual "teaser" sdk ports,and nexus ports,but it will be prolly be while before theres anything stable. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones