• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will browsing NOT suck again?

First I'm hearing about xScope. Just DLed it and so far I like it's speed. Need to play w/ it some more before I decide if I prefer it over Dolphin, but it def has potential.

sadly when used as default it crashes if linking from another app like gmail or messenger...so its pretty useless as default until that is fixed....tho they do have very frequent updates and that may already be fixed...its been a week or so since i used it.

Upvote 0
-1 BILLION! :)

Dolphin sucked. Stock sucked. Just the way it is. Scrolling is terrible on graphic intensive websites and if yours is "working" then great for you (can you feel my skepticism? hahaha). For most of us, it aint workin so good.

It's been starred a good 300 times here so no you aren't the only one having this issue.

Here is to 2.1 solving our woes! :)

Wow, 300 complaints, this is a major issue. Let's see, 1m Droids, 10% would be 100k complaints. 1% 10k complaints. One tenth of one percent, 1000 complaints. So we have less than one third of one tenth of the users having some show stopping issue and the world is coming to an end.

I'd suggest going out and getting the perfect phone and you'd have no issues. When you find it, come back and tell us about it. Don't bother with the Iphone, already heard their stories and visited their forums. Not perfect, but much better for those unwilling to accept that developing software will always have issues.

Needless to say, I have no issues with Dolphin, like the native browser, but don't use it much and like xcope (or whatever it's called) except it can't be used as default browser at this time because of issues.

My phone has idiosyncrasies, but I either have work arounds our get used to them.

Now let's talk about how bad Swype is because it doesn't double space and cap after a period. That's a deal killer. Sometimes it can't figure out what I'm trying to spell and I actually need to type the word. Disgusting (smile).

Upvote 0
You guys will be happy to know that they fixed the browser scrolling issue with the latest nexus one 2.1 OTA ERE27 update.

They removed the anti-aliasing feature when scrolling so now everything is much faster.

Once the droid gets the 2.1 update, the slow scrolling will be fixed. Plus the browser now has pinch to zoom.

Upvote 0
i have multitouch on the milestone with the beast! i love my browsing, so fast, so efficient, it loads pages faster and pinch/zooms better than dolphin i think! i will wait a few more updates before i go back to dolphin, but, thats not to say that it doesn't do a good job, just not as good as i have my droid done now

Upvote 0
Wow, 300 complaints, this is a major issue. Let's see, 1m Droids, 10% would be 100k complaints. 1% 10k complaints. One tenth of one percent, 1000 complaints. So we have less than one third of one tenth of the users having some show stopping issue and the world is coming to an end.

I'd suggest going out and getting the perfect phone and you'd have no issues. When you find it, come back and tell us about it. Don't bother with the Iphone, already heard their stories and visited their forums. Not perfect, but much better for those unwilling to accept that developing software will always have issues.

Needless to say, I have no issues with Dolphin, like the native browser, but don't use it much and like xcope (or whatever it's called) except it can't be used as default browser at this time because of issues.

My phone has idiosyncrasies, but I either have work arounds our get used to them.

Now let's talk about how bad Swype is because it doesn't double space and cap after a period. That's a deal killer. Sometimes it can't figure out what I'm trying to spell and I actually need to type the word. Disgusting (smile).

very well put!

Upvote 0
How the hell do you have open multiple tabs? I know you can do it, I've seen it done! I have the tabs hidden for one...do I need to turn that off?

Long press the link you want to go to. There are some sites that seem to block this feature for some reason, but it works 99% of the time.

Hit the back key and the newly opened tab closes.

BTW, I have no relationship with the program or the developer. I've just been a user since right after it came on the market. The developer is working fool, he sometimes has updates on back to back days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones