When will it come out: Battery caseAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have not seen this posted anywhere and I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Since the battery in the Evo isn't all that great given all the screen real estate, radios and fast cpu, I'm looking for an extended battery. HOWEVER, not just a fatter battery but a case with one thats built in. I saw this in the early leak of the Evo accessories but obviously, since the Evo has only been out for a couple of weeks, I don't expect that to be out any time soon.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, google mophie juice air for the iphone. Basically, its like a case but with a thicker bottom, and whenever your phone is low on juice, you press a button and the case will charge the phone. Yes I know it'll make the Evo a bit bigger but the tradeoffs are well worth it to me IF it looks good. I posted this in another thread somewhere but no one ever responded. For those that ARE interested, please chime in as I'd like to hear your thoughts or if you have heard anything about it.

Advertisement
  2. Outrigger

wow, no one is interested? I can't be the only one.

3. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

I would be interested. I'll most likely get the Seidio super extended battery for when I need some heavy usage.

4. DeMiNe0

DeMiNe0 Active Member

I'm interested in seeing what the better quality extended batteries look like on the phone. I honestly don't see a reason for a charging case. It really just looks like an extended battery integrated into a backdoor that doesn't require the removal of the old battery.

5. Outrigger

problem with the extended batteries from seidio is that it would look like a hump and the phone would still be naked. I have seen their work on the moto Q to blackberrys and it just looks hideous. a battery case would service two purposes in one product.

6. Bang321

Bang321 Member

I'm wondering when it will come out too. I'm assuming that the OP is talking about this thing right?

[​IMG]

7. wvufan

wvufan Active Member

Saw this picture elsewhere and am very interested. The hard case extended battery is much more attractive than the Seidio hump back.

8. Bang321

Bang321 Member

I agree. The thing I like about it is that it will let you slide it on and off only when you need it. I would think that fiddling with the back door all the time to change and replace batteries would make it loose over time.

9. Kennymac29

Kennymac29 Member

+1

10. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member

I have the extended battery from my Hero and I would like to use it for my EVO... it doesn't bother me that it will be a bit more bulkier. However, I also welcome the idea of a constant charging case that I could wear on my hip, and therefore, wouldn't really need to use the extended battery.

Thoughts?

11. PriddyShiddy

PriddyShiddy Member

That Is one of the best ideas I have ever heard! Why doesn't one exist? Is it because 'topping off' is supposed to be bad for battery life?.
    I would wear. Rechargeable hip holster that has an internal charger for the Evo. Just slide the Evo into the pocket and If he charge is low u push a power button on the holster that charges thee.

12. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

only problem is your basically removing the kickstand

13. Outrigger

The pic above is exactly what I'm talking about. If that has the same capacity as the Evo, then I'm set. I'm willing to forgo the kickstand for more battery life and I really don't use the kickstand on a regular basis. I hope it comes out in Jul. Thats one that sucks about a brand new phone, you gotta wait a while for accessories.

14. macgyver22

macgyver22 Member

Any updates on this case? Or the other type of case would be great -where the battery is built into the leather pouch.

My battery was working MUCH better after I turned off GPS, but now it isn't too stellar again (live by the charger). A battery case would solve most of these issues

15. ibdunn

ibdunn Member

I'm looking for a case with battery pack built in too--I think it should have a kickstand as well though--

16. EVOLICIOUS

EVOLICIOUS Well-Known Member

17. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

i don't think we'll ever really get quality accessories like the iphone just because with android, there are so many companies producing new phones every month, no one manufacturer will want to invest in an item that won't hold on for at least a year.

would be nice if each carrier had a signature phone that they'll invest in for maybe 9 or so months.