• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories When will it come out: Battery case

Outrigger

Apr 6, 2010
I have not seen this posted anywhere and I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Since the battery in the Evo isn't all that great given all the screen real estate, radios and fast cpu, I'm looking for an extended battery. HOWEVER, not just a fatter battery but a case with one thats built in. I saw this in the early leak of the Evo accessories but obviously, since the Evo has only been out for a couple of weeks, I don't expect that to be out any time soon.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, google mophie juice air for the iphone. Basically, its like a case but with a thicker bottom, and whenever your phone is low on juice, you press a button and the case will charge the phone. Yes I know it'll make the Evo a bit bigger but the tradeoffs are well worth it to me IF it looks good. I posted this in another thread somewhere but no one ever responded. For those that ARE interested, please chime in as I'd like to hear your thoughts or if you have heard anything about it.

I'm wondering when it will come out too. I'm assuming that the OP is talking about this thing right?

htc_evo4g_extended_battery.jpg

Upvote 0
I have the extended battery from my Hero and I would like to use it for my EVO... it doesn't bother me that it will be a bit more bulkier. However, I also welcome the idea of a constant charging case that I could wear on my hip, and therefore, wouldn't really need to use the extended battery.

Thoughts?

That Is one of the best ideas I have ever heard! Why doesn't one exist? Is it because 'topping off' is supposed to be bad for battery life?.
I would wear. Rechargeable hip holster that has an internal charger for the Evo. Just slide the Evo into the pocket and If he charge is low u push a power button on the holster that charges thee.

Upvote 0
The pic above is exactly what I'm talking about. If that has the same capacity as the Evo, then I'm set. I'm willing to forgo the kickstand for more battery life and I really don't use the kickstand on a regular basis. I hope it comes out in Jul. Thats one that sucks about a brand new phone, you gotta wait a while for accessories.

Upvote 0
i don't think we'll ever really get quality accessories like the iphone just because with android, there are so many companies producing new phones every month, no one manufacturer will want to invest in an item that won't hold on for at least a year.

would be nice if each carrier had a signature phone that they'll invest in for maybe 9 or so months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones