• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When Will Metro IMPROVE ITSLEF!!!! Comment everyone !

narutoninjakid

Android Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2011
NJ
Ihave a few questions and if any one can answer them it would be appreciated especially the guy who works at MetroPCS.

Will MetroPCS be getting any new phones soon ?
will it be a good phone ? (dual core, big screen) ( Not Huawaei or some other cheap brand)
Will MetroPCS service ever improve on their service? ( 3g only .10 mb and 1g disgusting) ( service also doesn't penetrate through buildings, service is lacking)

as of late ive been really getting angry with MetroPCS. im not bashing and im not trying to crush anybody but Metros service is terrible. It never works indoors and its really bad unless your on 4g. many times i miss calls and stuff because i have no service. i only use about 500 - 600mb a month even though i have the 4g plan. Im not a heavy phone user i just like things to work when i need them.( i want to be able to check gmail in school without looking for a window):) The esteem wasnt so bad but with power cycling problems and such it has really turned me off from lg phones. i used ot have the lg rumor 2 on virgin mobile before my parents or my dad made me switch from the $25 dolllar plan. i liked virgin mobile,even though they didnt have 4g the 3g was strong and always worked. metro really needs to improve in their service.i haven't seen any articles or such that suggest metro is gonna change anytime soon. i don't mind paying alot of money for phone but it has to work. im just noticing that metro doesn't really get very good phones and im just wondering why.

here is virgin mobiles new htc evo 4g for only $ 300.00
HTC Evo V 4G for Virgin Mobile coming May 31st for $299.99 | The Verge

here is boosts htc evo 4g design for 300.00
HTC EVO Design 4G for Boost Mobile hands-on -- Engadget

im just wondering why cant metro pcs get a phone like this or even similar. it seems that all the prepaid carriers are stepping up but metro is not. i belive that if they would offer better phones alot of people would flock to metro. it wouldnt be the first time where a family member said they would never join metro due to their phone and service.

there is even a new cell phone company coming out that going to start of with the epic 4g touch.
New carrier Voyager Mobile starts May 15th, promises rewards for chatting it up - Engadget

i really want to know everyone elses opinion on metro in their area or just in general. does MetroPCS make you angry or dissatisfied?

i think i might go back to virgin mobile if i can and get that htc evo 4g and convince my dad to switch. Does anyone know of any carriers that they would recommend that's not two expensive.

if anyone can answer the questions about new phones or improvement in service i would really appreciate it.

Also,i been reading some rumors that metro will be be bought by tmobile. does anyone know if this is true.
T-Mobile reportedly in talks to buy MetroPCS | Mobile - CNET News

All comments are appreciated guys.

My view is if you don't like them or the phones then go somewhere else. It's pre paid so why would another opinion matter? Your opinion is the only one that counts cause YOU use YOUR phone.

Metro has several 4G phones that will be coming out very soon. Google does wonders for questions like that. ;)

And for the record, I love my Esteem. I don't WANT ANOTHER PHONE because the Esteem kicks ass. So Metro can come out with whatever they want but if it doesn't royally kick the Esteem's ass than I could give 2 shits about it.

Upvote 0
I've never had a complaint about metro pcs service. No dropped calls what's so ever. Yeah here and there a few texts won't go through but it's nothing that will make me change carrier and such. For 60 bucks a month for 4g you can't beat that. 4g is very reliable in my area I at least get 2.5mb download which is enough in my opinion. I love my lg esteem.! Ever since I rooted it, it's been amazing! Now I'm making all kinds of mods I couldn't before. As for power cycling issues I know zvd fixed that. Never had a problem there. In the end it's really your opinion though. As for me I'm satisfied.

Upvote 0
metro is more or less abandoning their EVdo(3G) network so dont expect them to have good "3g".

im sitting pretty here in the D. never a dropped call or unsent text and i get 4 down and about 4 up.

and there still isnt a phone company out there giving me unlimited everything for cheaper than $70 yet alone the $60 that im paying. we'll see what virgin comes up with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones