• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where am I

Hehehe...

Here's mine, how about that?

486913b4f0848a106ecb9788a479ec82.jpg

I'm a bit late, and it's been a long while since I last studied Quenya / Tengwar, but I'm gonna take a stab at it.

Veronica?

Edited because I missed the underbar in the first character, vala. I might be a *slight* Tolkien nerd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
You're in Pennsylvania, or is that too obvious?
Sometimes it is. I this case, I am (or was) in Central PA; Altoona, otherwise known as Railroad USA.

I have a couple pictures showing the top and bottom of the curve at the same time, but I need to get to my laptop to see which (if any) are clear enough to post.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
You're not in Australia, are you? I remember there used to be a guide on AF from there. I wonder how he's doing?

NVM: You're in Pismo Beach, CA. That's where that tattoo parlor is.

Return to post #1, sorry if it got answered, and I just failed to see it.

9aba9004b395e7e1dcc43adbb6de545e.jpg

Where it's Dngrs hanging out right now?
Did you make it as far South as Santa Barbara / North Goleta?
The Monarch butterfly "hangout" When they are on the North end of their migration?
If it is, you only caught a tiny fraction of them in the photo.:D

Upvote 0
Did you make it as far South as Santa Barbara / North Goleta?
The Monarch butterfly "hangout" When they are on the North end of their migration?
If it is, you only caught a tiny fraction of them in the photo.:D
Pismo beach. Season is just starting now.

Last year (or was it two years ago?), when that picture was taken, the population was quite low.

There is another spot where they hang out over in Santa Cruz...

Upvote 0
A theme park?
haha, it's a park, and there is a theme, namely purified trees. :thumbs:

As Rico said, I was in Napa Valley, namely Calistoga, which not only has these wonderful petrified trees, but also the second "Old Faithful" geyser in the US (there is a third so-named out in New Zealand).

The locals kind of dismiss it, perhaps out of familiarity our the fact that it doesn't shot nearly as high as it's namesake in Yellowstone, but it does erupt much more often than that other one.

These two things are very much related: the heat powering the geyser is the residual from that which powered the caldera that exploded some 3.4 million years, causing the trees in the aforementioned forest to be knocked down and buried in ash. All that is left of this caldera is the Napa valley itself and Mount St. Helena.

All this volcanic materiel is also the reason why said valley has such a strong presence in the wine-making world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones