• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where Are My Ringtones?

loader

Nov 13, 2010
I have an LG G7 ThinQ/LM-G710TM that has a ringtone I want to put on my new S23 Ultra coming this week but I can not find the location of my ringtones. I have looked everywhere. I am starting to think the only way to access them is to figure out how to root the device.

Suggestions?

If it's one of the pre-installed system ringtones it will be in /system/media, which you cannot access without root.

A simpler solution might be to see whether someone has uploaded it somewhere. Or maybe visit the XDA-developers forum for that model (if there is one) and see whether there is a custom ROM for it based on the original LG software: if there is then the ringtone will be in there, you just need to open the zip archive and locate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones