• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where can you buy the Acer Iconia A100 16gb?

I'm searching too, 8gb is fine with me. I just went to Frys thinking I was going to buy a Transformer ($350 with case), but played with it, then played with 7" Galaxy Tab, and 7" is so much more portable and easy to handle. Looking at Acer or if MediaPad comes out someday... If I find one in a local Walmart and buy it, I'll post here.

Upvote 0
Brought it home... patiently waiting for a full charge. Can't seem to find the Acer case anywhere, hopefully Walmart will have them discounted soon... It sure needs a silicone glove or something to make it less slick. Does anyone make "decorative" stick-on "pads" (maybe some soft rubber black strips that could be stuck to the back where you grab)? I "almost" dropped it while unboxing... I'm too use to my Optimus-V phone.

edit: OK, not happy with the display at all. I know a different Launcher might help, but viewing angles are REAL bad in portrait mode (which would be my normal mode). It changes just from one eye to the other. Text is not "that" crisp IMO, font is too small and doesn't seem to be adjustable. I have more eye strain than on my 3" Optimus screen. It does show 456mb RAM available, so 512 is the correct amount. Shows 5.4gb storage (so a lot is already used of the 8 gb), SD Card will fix any problem there. I've decided to return mine, so I didn't get into it any further. The Galaxy 7" Tab has a MUCH better display (you get what you pay for)... I'll wait for the next best thing.

Upvote 0
I have reached the same conclusion.

There are too many problems other than the viewing angle.
The GPS is weak and slow to react.
Many apps with settings button to the right are cut of due to the resolution and they will need a rewrite.
Netflix and other streaming sites not working.
Flash clips on web sites have out of sync audio/video.
General app incomparability.

Just not worth the hassle and waiting for fixes, cya Acer!

Upvote 0
Not to mention the display is really smaller, since part is taken up by the Honeycomb navigator bar. Even with a 10" display it takes up too much space, but with a 7", the display seems constrained.

I hope Ice Cream enables an on demand navigator bar that only shows up when needed.

Added:

A100 kind of reminds me of the angle issues with the Gtablet when in portrait mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones