• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help where did my g3 go!?!?!?!

pirate943

Apr 29, 2010
ok so out of the blue my data coverage disappeared. soft reset, nothing. take the battery out, nothing. when i go under wireless and networks it just says 'mobile network turning on' in a grayed out box... the same thing happened to by blue tooth about 2 weeks ago. this phone is starting to piss me off! any ideas?

ok so out of the blue my data coverage disappeared. soft reset, nothing. take the battery out, nothing. when i go under wireless and networks it just says 'mobile network turning on' in a grayed out box... the same thing happened to by blue tooth about 2 weeks ago. this phone is starting to piss me off! any ideas?

This is just a stab in the dark, but when I had my Eris and was using the HTC Toggle Widget for Mobile Network, I found that it caused a problem with my 3G working properly...The same issue might have affected your bluetooth.

I found that if I disabled mobile network it would be really hard to get it to turn back on and I repeatedly got the same message as you...(Mobile Network Turning On).

I absolutely HATE giving this recommendation, but you may need to perform a factory reset and if you use a widget for Mobile Network, try avoiding it for a while...

Keep us updated as someone else may have suggestions too!!

Upvote 0
It could also be a dead tower problem, if its only happening in one area. I had this problem recently, put in a ticket with VZW, and it was fixed when I got back from vacation. Using the Antennas app helped me diagnose the problem. Knowing your typical BSID for a given area helps get you to tier 2 support. If you call VZW, they will still put you through the *228 hoop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones