where did my g3 go!?!?!?!Support

Last Updated:

1. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so out of the blue my data coverage disappeared. soft reset, nothing. take the battery out, nothing. when i go under wireless and networks it just says 'mobile network turning on' in a grayed out box... the same thing happened to by blue tooth about 2 weeks ago. this phone is starting to piss me off! any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

This is just a stab in the dark, but when I had my Eris and was using the HTC Toggle Widget for Mobile Network, I found that it caused a problem with my 3G working properly...The same issue might have affected your bluetooth.

I found that if I disabled mobile network it would be really hard to get it to turn back on and I repeatedly got the same message as you...(Mobile Network Turning On).

I absolutely HATE giving this recommendation, but you may need to perform a factory reset and if you use a widget for Mobile Network, try avoiding it for a while...

Keep us updated as someone else may have suggestions too!!

3. lowlyworm

lowlyworm Well-Known Member

It could also be a dead tower problem, if its only happening in one area. I had this problem recently, put in a ticket with VZW, and it was fixed when I got back from vacation. Using the Antennas app helped me diagnose the problem. Knowing your typical BSID for a given area helps get you to tier 2 support. If you call VZW, they will still put you through the *228 hoop.

4. Faceman

Faceman Member

I was having the same problems with my phone. I deleted an app called SwitchPro and that seemed to solve the problem. I don't know if you have that app installed, but if you do try deleting it and see if that works.