Where do I buy android 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan New Member This Topic's Starter

okay so my birthday is in 2 weeks and I'm thinking about getting an android, but I want to get the newest version. Does best buy have it? Also can I play runescape on Android?

Advertisement
  2. literacolax

literacolax Well-Known Member

you dont buy 2.2.....It is a software update that has came out on specific devices.

3. literacolax

literacolax Well-Known Member

If you're looking to get a new phone, youll most likely get a newer model phone that will already come pre installed with 2.2

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I read "buy 2.2", then saw runescape... just for shits and giggles, I'm gonna try to run runescape on my Evo now.

Thankfully, it won't run. Now, seriously, I have to ask, how old are you exactly??

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I thought the exact same thing.

I'm confused why you would even WANT to play Runescape on a phone. The UI isn't particularly mobile friendly.... :D

6. Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan New Member This Topic's Starter

I just want to play runescape away from my computer, but I dont want a laptop. So i think android is my best choice :)

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Still haven't answered my borderline jackass question (sorry, I just HAVE to know at this point), how old are you? If you're not willing to give an exact age, between what two numbers? Like... 10-15?

If you want to play java games (even ones like runescape...) a phone isn't really an option at this point. Maybe in about 5-6 years once the phones are running like our desktop computers are now, but not at this time. You'd be best off with something like an Asus Eee PC. Really cheap, and it'll do simple things like java based games.... like runescape....

Seriously though, how old are you? I just have to know, it's kind of killing me inside. You do REALIZE that these phones are made for more than just playing games on, right? Their main focus is connecting you to anything you need to get stuff done.... like doing email, threaded text messaging... the little stuff like the full HTML browser capability and whatnot is just on-top to make productivity easier and faster. It's main intent isn't to provide a platform for games with some actual use spinkled on top.

8. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Emphasis mine. I think your only option is to play on someone else's computer.