• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where Does Your Eris Live?

Where Does Your Eris Live Most of the Time?

• Total voters
One of the really great things about the Eris is that it can comfortably fit sideways in my shirt pocket, and it's light enough that I don't even remember that its there.

By the way, has anyone commented on the pocketability of the Incredible? It's a tad larger, but I'm hoping that it will fit ok too.

Upvote 0
Right pocket! What's with all the lefties? Left pocket is for the keys/change! Back right pocket is for the Wallet lol. Back right pocket is for the recipes/junk.

Besides that, desk and on the charger!

No no no, right pocket is for the key. 90+ % of cars in the US have the ignition on the right side of the steering column. If you put you keys in your right pants pocket you don't have to move them from hand to hand when starting your car, or getting out of the car and putting your keys in your pocket. Doing that saves milliseconds and energy that could be used for other more enjoyable endeavors. :)

Upvote 0
If you keep it in your pocket and are right handed wouldnt it go in the right pocket? I mean you need your phone faster then your keys so wouldnt that make sense?

That does make good sense. However, I'm one of those freakish ambidextrous people, so I pretty much don't care what hand my phone is in if I'm just goofing off with it (goofing off, in my world, includes texting and browsing). However I'm 'left eared', so when I'm using it as a phone I'm holding it to my left ear. So for me, left front pocket for phone - which leaves the keys where they SHOULD be! :)

I'm thinking we've got the makings of a multi-million dollar grant to study the ergonomics cell phone storage (and/or car keys). At the end of a 3 year study we can write a 487 page document that basically states "if it works for you, it's the right thing to do".

Upvote 0
Eris is front right pocket. The person who insists that car keys should be in the front right pocket because that's the side that the ignition is on obviously forgot what a pain it would be to dig your phone out of your left pocket and then transfer it to your right hand (if you're right handed) when you need to use/answer the phone. I use my keys twice a day, Im digging my phone out all day long and usually only use it one handed.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Dang, only two of us have an Eris living in our shirt pocket?

I'm crestfallen. And, no, I'm not going to make any jokes about people bending down too far to be able to carry their phone in their shirt pocket without losing it.
yelsick.gif

:D

Not Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Dang, only two of us have an Eris living in our shirt pocket?

I'm crestfallen. And, no, I'm not going to make any jokes about people bending down too far to be able to carry their phone in their shirt pocket without losing it.
yelsick.gif

:D

Not Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Some of us have "things" in the way and they makes shirt pockets useless. ;)

Upvote 0
yes, that is right...

i don't smoke around my kids or in my house as a rule, but my kids know i smoke...sorry that's not PC...

And I'm sorry if my pointing that out seems pc or judgmental.

It's just that I'm in health care. We see coughing little children with no colds but with smokers for parents. .. and on and on.

Anyway.. wrong forum for that.. :eek:

Upvote 0
i see women keep their phones in their bras...thats hot.

+1000, if there every where a tata man, it would be me.

I can't do the bra thing it is too uncomfortable, never though of it as being hot either. I've worn it in my bikini though, it was on the side (dirty minds :p).

I have to say that I am very fond of "tatas" too. Like the backside better though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones