Where is Swype now? Last one killed my phone!General

Last Updated:

1. mikem3223

mikem3223 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had Swype, all was good. Then it started freezing my screen, or misguiding the touch to the point that removing the battery was the only option. It was not a phone issue, because I factory reset and it works now. I had to because disabling Swype did not solve the problem. Is there any beta or anything out there?

HELP! I CAN'T GO BACK TO TOUCH INPUT!!!!

Advertisement
  2. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

If you had signed up for the beta then you can go back to the site and download a new installer.

3. mikem3223

Thanks Captain Hindsight...

4. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

If you already knew then why did you ask....:rolleyes:

5. mikem3223

I didn't say I knew it. I said I was looking for it and you told me where it used to be, which contributes nothing. Way to help out the forum. Next time I'll just ask you before I know that I'll have a question...

Oh... and I got it by the way. So how bout you post with something constructive next time...

Here, let me try your approach: 'If you'd said something helpful, I would have thanked you. Instead, you're just annoying and snide .'

6. tigris67

tigris67 Active Member

Can i ask where you got it from mike? Every apk i try says its won't work on my eris. Also, I have a beta account with them, but whenever i download a new installer and use it, it won't work, just vibrates and nothing writes.

7. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

The beta should work. Have you gone through their troubleshooting guide? Make sure you uninstall any previous versions and their installers. The latest version works great and includes a microphone.