• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to buy next G capable X10?...

efflux

Lurker
May 19, 2010
Hi all,
i'm in Australia and am looking for an X10 handset capable of tuning the Telstra Next G frequency of 850mhz.
for all you aussies out there, do you know where to buy an X10 handset online or anywhere that is capable of this? or if it's even possible?... knowing telstra, they have probably paid SE to not build any of these for public sale.
i already have an account and am not on contract, so i want to see if i can get one from somewhere NOT telstra (they want $1100!!!!) to avoid going back onto contract... (and to pay a lesser price of course)

many thanks....

Hi there,

In Oz, Xperia X10 from Telstra and Hutchison 3 have Next g capability (850MHz HSDPA) while Optus and Vodafone does not.

The cheapest way so far would be to go on a plan, (29+15) per month for 24 months I think
While I am actually still on an old pay as you go plan and I pay 30 bucks a month.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones