Where to buy next G capable X10?...General

Last Updated:

1. efflux

efflux New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    i'm in Australia and am looking for an X10 handset capable of tuning the Telstra Next G frequency of 850mhz.
    for all you aussies out there, do you know where to buy an X10 handset online or anywhere that is capable of this? or if it's even possible?... knowing telstra, they have probably paid SE to not build any of these for public sale.
    i already have an account and am not on contract, so i want to see if i can get one from somewhere NOT telstra (they want $1100!!!!) to avoid going back onto contract... (and to pay a lesser price of course)

many thanks....

Advertisement
  2. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Well-Known Member

Wow, sounds like you are really getting gouged down there. Unfortunatley I have not heard of any other versions besides the x10a and 10i versions.

3. FadedSpark

FadedSpark Active Member

If it's 850/1900, Import from Canada.

Carried on rogers over here, costs $550 CAD outright from any store that carries it, unlocked is a little more on top ;)

4. een625

een625 New Member

Hi there,

In Oz, Xperia X10 from Telstra and Hutchison 3 have Next g capability (850MHz HSDPA) while Optus and Vodafone does not.

The cheapest way so far would be to go on a plan, (29+15) per month for 24 months I think
    While I am actually still on an old pay as you go plan and I pay 30 bucks a month.

Cheers

5. Finde

Finde Member

The next g version is the X10a and the optus one is X10i.

So just make sure it's an X10a you buy.