• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wheres the 2.2 update (UK)

tanveerahmed

Jan 16, 2011
ive been on 2.1 forever and i tryed do the update on the phone it goes there are no updates in the current while.

so what now
i rooted and installed Clockwork mod but their is no cyanogen mod for milestone and its not stable...
and i cannot boot into clockwork recovery mod it goes into the default android one even tho i flashed it several times.

When you tried to update the phone was it on stock 2.1 without root?

Before you update via update service you need to go stock.

You can also try to download the ROM and use RSDLite to flash it.

When i tryed to update it wasn't rooted, i got fed up and rooted now.
Yesterday i found some 2.2.1 and flashed it , but it many problems as facebook sync is missing so i lost ALL MY CONTACTS which is really frustrating :mad:.

Can you guide me what to do now plesae

Upvote 0
When i tryed to update it wasn't rooted, i got fed up and rooted now.
Yesterday i found some 2.2.1 and flashed it , but it many problems as facebook sync is missing so i lost ALL MY CONTACTS which is really frustrating :mad:.

Can you guide me what to do now plesae

If anything, check for ROMs here:
http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone221

You flashed what ROM? Stock or GOT or CM?

If you flashed UK stock ROM, try another one with English like Central Europe and make sure you do not flash the Service Version.

Upvote 0
If anything, check for ROMs here:
sbf:milestone221 [And Developers]

You flashed what ROM? Stock or GOT or CM?

If you flashed UK stock ROM, try another one with English like Central Europe and make sure you do not flash the Service Version.

i did GOT but it looks exactly like stock the theme etc but its faster boot time and better battery, is their a improved G.OT or would you recomend something else?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones