• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Which Android Emulator for a Newbie?

ac4android

Nov 3, 2015
Hi all.

I am diving head first into Android apps, and I was hoping for some advice on which development environment I should be using. I think it should be one that uses the same Android Runtime (ART) as Androids rather than the whole JRE.

Also, I was debating whether it would be a good alternative to download plugins for eclipse Mars (my IDE).

Look no further than Android Studio. I've used Eclipse, and IMO Android Studio is better. It's a very slick and professional IDE. Plus AS is the official IDE for Android development.

Thanks for advice, I agree that Android Studio is professional and cool, one of the very sophisticated IDE on the market, but it comes with a steep learning curve. I still love my eclipse Mars though :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones