• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Android phone would you choose?

Robinelli

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
U.S.
I got a Mytouch Slide and I do like it a lot, but I am still within my 30 days to return the phone. I've started to do a lot of reading on this forum and other places and I think I may be interested in something else. Here are things I would prefer:
Something with better resolution
Something LIGHTER (I don't need the weight of a pull out keyboard- I don't need a keyboard)
Possibly something with more storage. I've had the mytouch slide a few days and I am already at 50% of capacity.
Something with a better battery life---IF that's even possible with smart phones.
I would also like something that will be getting gingerbread, as I've read Mytouch slide will not.
I am pretty sure I don't want the HTC EVO, I've read a lot of complaints about it.

I'm not under contract and can go with any carrier.

Seems like the Samsung Galaxy S line of phones are perfect for you. Each of the four major carriers has its own version (Vibrant for T-Mobile, Captivate for AT&T, Fascinate for Verizon, Epic for Sprint). They all are all essentially the same in form and function, running Android 2.1 with Samsung's Touchwiz skin. The Epic is the only phone with any major differences, as it has a qwerty slide-out keyboard and is compatible with Sprint's 4G WiMax network. Don't know whether these guys will be getting gingerbread for sure, although as far as the spec sheet is concerned they are top of the line android devices and would be able to support gingerbread, should samsung decide to bring a 3.0 update to the phones.

Reactions: The K-Zoo Kid
Upvote 0
When do you think that will roll out at TMobile? Their site doesn't say. It seems like it may be a little too large for me, also, as I am a woman so I don't wear the clip on phone case and it would have to fit in my pocket (and in my hand). I'd like to keep my slide until this rolls out if possible, and then try it... But it would have to happen within the next couple of weeks before the trial period is over.

Upvote 0
i personally love my nexus one, if its within your budget id go for it. and as far as i know it will get any updates released for android. i keep it in my pocket all day with only the phone sleeve and ive had it since january with zero marks or scratchs on any part of the phone. its also quite comfertable to hold. its about as thick as a Number 2 pencil, and just idk...feels liek a good fit?

Upvote 0
Well I currently have the Sprint Hero and I love it (I have it rooted) but when i can upgrade in a few months I'm going for the Samsung Epic 4g. I currently wouldn't mind have a keyboard and the extra bulk. I just want a different experience other than sense ui w/ HTC. Samsung touchwiz 3.0 looks promising and the Super AMOLED screen has my attention.

Upvote 0
you couldn't handle the battery life. It's a one day phone at the most.

love my nexus one but i charge it almost daily.

by the end of the day i normally have between 23-38% batt, i use the phone constently thoughout the day and drive alot wher it provides all music with no charger. my day starts around 9am ends at around 2am. in anycase i dont think its bad to throw your phone on charge over night, i mean your sleeping whats the downside to having to charge a phone at night?

as for wanting to see it. idk about you but i have seen a few N1's in some stores areound me, maybe you can find one to play with?

Upvote 0
by the end of the day i normally have between 23-38% batt, i use the phone constently thoughout the day and drive alot wher it provides all music with no charger. my day starts around 9am ends at around 2am. in anycase i dont think its bad to throw your phone on charge over night, i mean your sleeping whats the downside to having to charge a phone at night?

as for wanting to see it. idk about you but i have seen a few N1's in some stores areound me, maybe you can find one to play with?

i have no idea how that's even possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones