• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Android Phone?

hi, im going to get a new phone this week and i am still debating whether i should wait for the incredible of go ahead and get a droid. will the incredible have google navigation and all of the good stuff that the stock 2.1 has? will it cost more than the droid, in your opinions? since the incredible will be underclocked, doesnt that mean that its processor will actually be really close to the one on the droid? will the incredible also take 420p video, or something higher?

i really dont know if i should wait, especially since my last phone broke last week and i have no idea how i have managed. i care mostly about which phone is more future proof, and if the droid is about to be EOL'd, i would rather hop onto the incredible train.

on a somewhat unrelated note, how much is the verizon restocking fee if i get the droid and bring it back on the 23ed?

im new on this forum, and it appears very different to the ones i currently frequent so i look forward to chatting with you all!

hi, im going to get a new phone this week and i am still debating whether i should wait for the incredible of go ahead and get a droid. will the incredible have google navigation and all of the good stuff that the stock 2.1 has? will it cost more than the droid, in your opinions? since the incredible will be underclocked, doesnt that mean that its processor will actually be really close to the one on the droid? will the incredible also take 420p video, or something higher?

i really dont know if i should wait, especially since my last phone broke last week and i have no idea how i have managed. i care mostly about which phone is more future proof, and if the droid is about to be EOL'd, i would rather hop onto the incredible train.

on a somewhat unrelated note, how much is the verizon restocking fee if i get the droid and bring it back on the 23ed?

im new on this forum, and it appears very different to the ones i currently frequent so i look forward to chatting with you all!
It would be VERY surprising if Google Navigator doesn't make it on the HTC Incredible since it comes with 2.1 and is speced similarly to the Nexus One.

Yes, it will cost more than the Droid--the Droid's price will probably drop as the HTC Incredible launched if not a tad sooner than that.

The Incredible will not be underclocked, but will run at a lower voltage when not in use.

We don't really know much about the quality of videos that can be recorded on the Incredible.

A phone's "future-proofation" is pretty much limited to two months at best, so don't worry about that too much.

The restocking fee at Verizon is $35, I believe.

Upvote 0
I'd say that you should definitely wait out for the HTC Incredible to come out. It's going to be the next big phone for Verizon. I guess what you could do is just get a Droid and then exchange it before the month is up. You will have to pay a restocking fee and the difference in price between the Droid and Inc, but unless you want to wait until the end of this month to have a phone, you may have to go that route and pay a $35 restocking fee. It's what I'm doing right now with the Palm Pre Plus.

The HTC Incredible should be able to do every major thing that the Nexus One can do, including Google Navigation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones