• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which phone should i get?

soupbandit

Aug 18, 2010
Hi I'm about to get a new phone from telus and I'm deciding on mainly bb bold 9700 htc desire or htc hero. It's probably going to be the desire or hero though. I know the desire is newer and is better overall except the appearance. The white hero looks amazing but the desire look horrible. So I'm not sure which to get.

The desire is more expensive but is a more capable phone than the Hero, which is kind of old now. 2.1 is probably the last official update we'll ever receive (the desire is on 2.2 already), and our phones are probably not going to be powerful enough for android 3.

It's not that the hero is bad or anything, it's a great phone and will do 99% of what the desire will do (even run 2.2, if you root it). It's just the desire's hardware is much more powerful in comparison. So it depends how much you want/need the latest and greatest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones