• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Weather App Do You Use?

Which weather app do you prefer?

• The Weather Channel

Votes: 120 35.4%
  • WeatherBug

Votes: 123 36.3%
  • AccuWeather

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • Weather Forecast Widget

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Don't use one!

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters
i'm currently using the weather/news widget from 2.1...it's a 1x4 widget if you show both weather and news, 1x1 if you show either/or by themselves...can't remember where i saw it but it was pulled from the latest Android 2.1 build....if I find it i'll post the link...

i like that it has news stories too...entertainment, sports, tech, etc

Upvote 0
Traveled with droid out of state. have wbug free. updates, but then noticed no way to have multiple places? What I wanted was to see what the weather was at home. Actually, would be interested in having an app where I can see the weather where I am, at home, where my kids are at college. So something where I can put in a bunch of locations and it will tell me them all in a listing. Is there something that does this, or do I just not know how to use wbug free?

Upvote 0
Traveled with droid out of state. have wbug free. updates, but then noticed no way to have multiple places? What I wanted was to see what the weather was at home. Actually, would be interested in having an app where I can see the weather where I am, at home, where my kids are at college. So something where I can put in a bunch of locations and it will tell me them all in a listing. Is there something that does this, or do I just not know how to use wbug free?

Try the Weather Channel app. I know for a fact you can add multiple locations because I have done it. It also puts the current temperature in the notification bar so in the morning instead of unlocking my phone, I just turn the screen on and look in the notification bar. The temp in your notification bar is whatever location you set as your home location.

EDIT. Also, you can set it to follow your location, so when you travel, it give the temperature for your current location.

Upvote 0

I have WB Elite... but had the free version previously. You can add multiple cities to it. Open the app and click on menu Locations. Then you can add what you would like to have. WeatherBug will follow you as well like the Weather Channel one. I just like WB better because the local reporting station at my house is only 2 miles away... pretty accurate.

Upvote 0
Nice. 1 euro gone from my pocket. love the weather forecast widget. I already use the pure calendar widget by the same dev, so I should have known I would like his weather widget. His widgets allow you to make them transparent. very sweet.

I tried many widgets before including the weather channel, beatiful home (beautiful widgets), weatherbug, and weather widget donate. I absolutely hated the weather channel widget. It was fuzzy on the Droid, and ugly in general, and for some reason even though I told it not to make audible notifications, the app kept making noises every time there was an advisory. I didn't like weather widget donate just because the widget is so large. I liked the widget, and really liked being able to launch whatever weather app I wanted when clicked, but the widget is just too big. I like the flip clock, but i don't need a clock, there's already one in the notification bar and i don't like hiding the notification bar.

beautiful home is nice but the animations annoyed me (took too long) and I want to be able to launch the weather app of my choice for more detailed forecast.

i settled on weatherbug because its widget looked the best for my tastes, but still not completely satisfying, just the best to my tastes--until now. I will keep weather bug for the detail, but will use the pure weather widget for my home screen.

Going to email the dev to see about making any app launchable when clicking. can't hurt.

Upvote 0
I've got the Accuweather widget on my homescreen, set to my home address. I never click it, though, because the web interface sucks. I have The Weather Channel loaded to show weather wherever I am in the notification bar, and I've got multiple locations loaded in its app (but its widget is ugly). Kind of a cob job, but nothing else covers the way I want exactly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones