• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which wireless charging pad for the DNA?

for those with the nokia stand, is the phone pretty sturdy on the stand, does it have a magnet of some sort, cause i use my phone to wake me up and hitting the snooze button i feel will just knock it off.

No magnet that I can tell. It leans back a bit though so I never feel like it will fall. It is quite light though, so hitting an alarm could knock it over, I suppose. Then again, just don't swing at your phone :D .

Only kidding. It's sturdy, but can be knocked off without too much effort I would say ..

Upvote 0
The white Nokia Wireless Charging Pad DT-900 is back in stock at Verizon. If you have corporate discount now is the time to get it.

I wish they had the black one, but it has been sold out for quite a while and they don't know when they're getting more. I might buy a black one later too for work.

I figured that there's not much point in the color since the phone is bigger than the charger anyways so you won't even see the white except the cable sticking out of the charger.

EDIT:
The charger is now sold out. These things sell like hot cakes! I paid less than $40 for mine.

Upvote 0
You're killing me mathnerd88. :)

As soon as I saw your post, I went to Verizon...no luck. Then, of course, I looked back to see your edit that they're sold out again. Sigh.

What really bums me out is that I have a Powermat my gf got me a couple years ago for Christmas. Of course, it doesn't work with the DNA. So now, when I charge my DNA, I plug the huge wireless charging dongle into the micro-USB port, and attach the whole mechanism to the Powermat. It's pretty ridiculous--can't wait for the manufacturers to catch up with the demand.

Anyway, if I spot anywhere these are in stock, I'll post it.

Upvote 0

As soon as I saw your post, I went to Verizon...no luck. Then, of course, I looked back to see your edit that they're sold out again. Sigh.

What really bums me out is that I have a Powermat my gf got me a couple years ago for Christmas. Of course, it doesn't work with the DNA. So now, when I charge my DNA, I plug the huge wireless charging dongle into the micro-USB port, and attach the whole mechanism to the Powermat. It's pretty ridiculous--can't wait for the manufacturers to catch up with the demand.

Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate accessories from AT&T

You can order it from AT&T right now if you wish, but if you have a corporate discount with Verizon, it would be cheaper to wait for Verizon to have them back in stock. I get 25% off all accessories so I decided to wait for Verizon.

Reactions: pushpulley
Upvote 0

You can order it from AT&T right now if you wish, but if you have a corporate discount with Verizon, it would be cheaper to wait for Verizon to have them back in stock. I get 25% off all accessories so I decided to wait for Verizon.

Awesome. I get 17% off corporate discount, which would be about 8 bucks...so heck with it. Just ordered one (red). Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0

Whats the difference between the plate and the stand other than look? Does the stand just raise it up at an angle?

Plate:
accessories-4365a-450x350.png

Stand:
univ%5Fwireless%5Fcharging%5Fplate%5Fdt900%5Fblk%5Funiwrlchgblk

Upvote 0
Wow, a pretty decent price difference for just phone orientation.... good grief! :eek:

Does anybody know if it beep/warbles/sings like the LG one? If it doesn't, the plate seems to be a good one for the bedroom and downstairs for me.

The difference is just that one is a stand. However, both of your pictures are of the plate.

Here is the stand ..

accessories-4372a-450x350.png

Upvote 0
Wow, a pretty decent price difference for just phone orientation.... good grief! :eek:

Does anybody know if it beep/warbles/sings like the LG one? If it doesn't, the plate seems to be a good one for the bedroom and downstairs for me.

I have a few of these. NO sounds. No issues, works well. I should mention that it apparently has an embedded NFC chip in the base, though I haven't tried that feature yet ..

Upvote 0
I have a few of these. NO sounds. No issues, works well. I should mention that it apparently has an embedded NFC chip in the base, though I haven't tried that feature yet ..

If you look at zenman youtube video in the Screen lag video, he has a program attached to the NFC tag that starts a clock program. Looks cool!

Do you know per chance if the plate and the stand have the NFC or just the plate? The ATT site doesnt mention NFC for the plate, just the stand. That could be part of the price difference.

Upvote 0
If you look at zenman youtube video in the Screen lag video, he has a program attached to the NFC tag that starts a clock program. Looks cool!

Do you know per chance if the plate and the stand have the NFC or just the plate? The ATT site doesnt mention NFC for the plate, just the stand. That could be part of the price difference.

I'm not certain, but I think just the stand has it.

Upvote 0

I tried it out in the Verizon Store with my own Droid DNA and it doesn't make a sound at all. The LG Charging pad did make beeps when you put the phone on it to charge though.

Upvote 0
I am using the JBL Power Up Speaker with Wireless Charging and NFC. Wireless charging works great (unfortunately the phone does not stand up like with the Nokia stand). NFC works to turn on the Power Up Speaker but the DNA does not turn on Bluetooth and pair as it is supposed to do.

Does anyone else have this speaker and if so what is your experience? I have looked everywhere and have not found anyone using the two devices together. THANKS!

Upvote 0
What is the model number of the stand? Mistakenly I thought it was the DT-900, but that's just the plate.

I want the NFC because I am just that way...LOL! :D

Here are my initial impresssions of my shiny new DT 910.......first of all the training at the AT & T store appears no better than the Verizon store where I picked up my lovely DNA......dropped into AT & T and was surprsied they had one unit for sale but was told my phone would not work with a Nokia product. Both the customer service rep and the manager said it wouldn't charge....as they had no understanding that Qi wireless charging technology is the common technical denominator.....not the manufacturer of the phone itself.....so.....after I explained this to them and they became less resistant they finally let me test drive the HTC phone with the Nokia charger and were surprised it worked......go figure.......!

The charger itself is great - has the same slight delay for the screen to show charging engaged and disengaged when put on and off the stand ....but the current has to find the recepticals before it works......

I love the "beautiful still can't believe how good it looks DNA out of this world screen" standing vertically on the unit .....it really highlights the vertical height and size of the mighty DNA ......the phone sits securely on the stand and has no slippage at all. It is secure enough that while the phone is juicing up wirelessly I can check texts and messages without fear of displacing the phone ......didn't expect that.....

I have not engaged the NFC but that's next......I must say that overall I have been pleasantly ( and unexpectedly ) surprised by the ease and efficiency of wireless charging and find myself liking it more and more each day. The phone on the stand looks great....particularly when at the office or desk next to the computer screen. The Nokia DT 910 is clearly pricey but for showing off one's new HTC toy the :) WOW :) factor is high!!!!

Upvote 0

Nokia Wireless Charger is back in stock at Verizon!

I picked one up with my discount for <$40. I can also confirm that it will charge through the black case (with stand) from Verizon as my roommate has one of these chargers and I tested it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones