• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Im sure nobody knows for sure, but will the white EVO have the new update? Since the black ones are sold out for a while, I got my order in for the white one. I'm trying to wait patiently for July 11th, but its driving me crazy having to wait! I want this phone!! lol

Look at the bright side, you could be in my situation.

- Replaced my launch EVO last Thursday (6/24), due to the touchscreen being completely unresponsive (after multiple attempts by Sprint Phone and store techs trying to fix).
- Brand new replacement phone gets bricked on Monday (6/28) due to pre-mature software update available on the phone.
- No Best Buys have EVO's in stock (I live in L.A., so you'd think there'd be at least one store that would have one)
- Best Buy I originally purchased from told me they can't give out "loaner" phones unless the customer has their service protection and the customer's current phone needs to be shipped out for repairs.
- To ensure that I get a replacement phone sooner than later, I place a pre-order for the White EVO after being told by both employees that the White EVO would be there on the 7th (next Wednesday)
- Call the same Best Buy today to confirm that it's the 7th, only to be told that it would be the 11th.

Yeah, so I'm basically without a cell phone until those come in and basically was put in a position that I had no choice, but to have a $50 gift card from Best Buy and they don't even know when any of the other accessories will be in stock...FUN times!...LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones