• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root who has rooted their nexus one?

I'm running Cyanogen and by default the trackball is green but you can change the text messages to any color. It's in the options where you always change the ring town for text messages. Says something like LED color. I have mine set to blue. :) But at this time you can't change it for other notifications. I'd like to set each type of notifications to a different color.

Upvote 0
I'm running Cyanogen and by default the trackball is green but you can change the text messages to any color. It's in the options where you always change the ring town for text messages. Says something like LED color. I have mine set to blue. :) But at this time you can't change it for other notifications. I'd like to set each type of notifications to a different color.

ya i thought it was something different. i have it changed to red for handcent. it goes green for stock and other shit and blue for twidroid. I wud like to change all also.

Upvote 0
any issues? stuff acting weird? were you able to do the OTA restore?

haven't had any issues at all; currently using BakedGoods v1.1 with the OC-UV kernel; nothing acting weird and not sure what you mean by OTA restore

i doubt i can get any OTA updates as they need to be incorporated by each of the custom rom creators; if you look at the xda forum, there's few custom roms that has already added the EPE54B update to their roms

Upvote 0
haven't had any issues at all; currently using BakedGoods v1.1 with the OC-UV kernel; nothing acting weird and not sure what you mean by OTA restore

i doubt i can get any OTA updates as they need to be incorporated by each of the custom rom creators; if you look at the xda forum, there's few custom roms that has already added the EPE54B update to their roms

when you setup your Nexus for the first time, there is a check box on the 2nd or 3rd screen that asks if you want your settings and info backed up on Google servers... super helpful when you wipe the device, or get a replacement, as when you re-setup a new or wiped Nexus, most all the settings and apps get restored OTA when you had that feature checked the first time around (which it's checked by default)...

Upvote 0
Cyanogen vs MoDaCo ROMs - any thoughts, comments from anyone that tried both?

If you go to one, how easy to switch to the other?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on rooting because I'm bored and will just get an EVO 4G eventually anyways (which I plan to root to get rid of the $h!tty Sprint crap), so may as well get my feet wet with the Nexus... i'm just wondering if rooting makes the phone way harder to sell afterwards??

anyways... Cyanogen vs MoDaCo - anyone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones