Who is going BACK to 2.1 now?

1. sethjamto

sethjamto Well-Known Member

So, after reading several complaints about the all new, bad a$$ Froyo...who will actually try to go back to 2.1??

I'm lucky to be on a custom ROM and plan on staying there. I just find it funny that so many people were hyped up for Froyo only to be totally let down.

Custom ROM anyone?? ;)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

Lol.. I am going back to 2.1 as we speak. :rolleyes:

The new rom I want to reload suggest flashing back to stock first :D
  3. ghost03

ghost03 Member

You know, as a former captivate user who was disgruntled and went to the nexus one, I have to say I made the right choice. I had nothing but issues with my captivate (random power offs, GPS nonexistant, no support). Since my nexus, no issues. Also, I just updated to 2.3.3 (stock) when captivate users are just now on 2.2. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product.
    All who love their captivate, well bless you but I have never looked back.
  4. SuFuCru

SuFuCru Well-Known Member

Technically 2.2 is the new stock. :p
  5. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

Yet, here you are, back on the Captivate forum.
  6. Grut

Grut Well-Known Member

True, true..... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Xpcgamer

Xpcgamer Active Member

I was lucky to get into the Captivate game late (November) so I have never really had any issues with my phone. GPS is a bit strange but I don't reley on that at all. I for one am really liking 2.2 and will not be going back to 2.1.
  8. ChristinaRae

ChristinaRae Member

I'm happy with mine, too, got it in October and haven't had a single issue with it.

I also had no problems using mini kies to upgrade from a Win7 64-bit machine. Mail apps are faster, book apps are faster, browsing is faster. It's been a very good experience.
  9. jetpuck73

jetpuck73 Well-Known Member

+1
  10. El Niche

El Niche Well-Known Member

I got mine in October, had no problems in Eclair. Update went without a hitch, liking Froyo even though I didnt have bad lag before. Overall very happy 2.2.
  11. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

I think before I put my Captivate on ebay, Ill flash a custom rom. To me, the "stock froyo" is not worth it.
  12. Thaxis

Thaxis Well-Known Member

I am running a custom rom right now but I haven't updated my wife's phone yet.
    Why is "stock froyo" not worth it? It should be a lot better than 2.1 was.
  13. pac0naut

pac0naut Well-Known Member

Personally, 2.2 is a LOT better for me. I like the new additions to it. It feels faster with less lag. I'll eventually go custom sometime in the future but for now, we're pretty good.

What I DON'T like about 2.2 is my battery life is still crappy.
  14. Thaxis

Thaxis Well-Known Member

This can get better with custom roms. Just read up on them. I am using paragon rc6 and my battery lasts all day without needing a charge.
  15. idilium

idilium Well-Known Member

i love this phone and i have compared with many of my friends phone from many diferent carriers and they always love my better.
    this are real life tests of how nice the phones are not the geeky stuff
    and this phone is amazing
  16. bill.g

bill.g Well-Known Member

Well is the Nexus S actually a samsung made product as well? If it is then this is just more proof that while samsung can make sone nice hardware, they are complete idiots when it comes to software.
    RedRyno likes this.
  17. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Well-Known Member

I've had my Captivate over 7 months. Trouble free & fast from the beginning.

It's important to remember only those with problems will seek out a forum. The second type here are those that are enthusiasts and buy Android because it's open and not restricted.

I am _not_ sticking up for Samsung, but I want to clarify one thing.

When you buy your phone from a carrier (any carrier), they have a huge amount of influence over the software that comes on the phone. That's why different carriers put their own proprietary software apps on the phone.

Samsung does _work together with the carriers demands since the carrier is Samsungs customer. Never forget that.

Therefore before you blame Samsung or any other phone maker, you need to know both sides of the story. This is the information that's next to impossible to get.

This is why Googles Samsung gets all the latest updates, because Google _wants you to have them FREE.

When Froyo v 2.2 was ready months ago for the Captivate, there was a huge confrontation since AT&T wants to SELL you stuff, not give it away free. AT&T has always been bad about OS updating, way back to my BlackBerry Days.

Therefore the bottom line is BEFORE you bash a person or company you'd better get your facts straight. Otherwise it's you that looks bad.

Finally _again_ I'm not advocating for any carrier or brand. I use several of each myself. My first hand experience reveals this is an industry wide issue.

All that aside, I find Android 2.1 or later a very outstanding Mobile OS. Android is my favorite smartphone by far.

It makes my iPhone 4 look like a fisher price toy.

Cheers :)
    phantomatech likes this.
  18. angryphoton

angryphoton Active Member

+1 lol
  19. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

the nexus s is a google phone, therefore it is stock android, and therefore it comes from google. so youre saying google are complete idiots when it comes to software, and you have a phone running off of google software
  20. NJR

NJR Well-Known Member

There are two sides to every story...The manufacturer holds more cards and power over the carrier re updates than you would think.... Just sayin :)
  21. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That guys (ghost03) nevers suck... [​IMG]
  22. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

I'm also happy with Froyo coming from stock. Any application could be using battery power. I had great life with mine then I installed a few things. It isn't what it was, but I know it's something I did and not the fault of the phone.
  23. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

Yeah... I'm running Andromeda. The only day I got really bad battery drain, was downtown LA in a doctor's office. Was there from 10:00 until 1:30. Had anywhere from 0 signal bars, to 1. So it spent the whole time, trying to search for a signal. My phone was at like 33% by the time I left (from 99%).

Yesterday, I got almost 48 hours out of a charge, with what would be medium use, for me.
  24. ghost03

ghost03 Member

My "nevers" may suck but not nearly as bad as your reading skills. I have a Nexus One made by HTC, not a Nexus S.
  25. locsplitter

locsplitter Active Member

New Froyo is awesome.

No one cares you're going back to 2.1.