1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Why can't apps be moved to sd on LG Lucid 2????Support

1. to3kn33

to3kn33 Member

I finally got root on my lucid 2. I thought it would allow me to finally be able to send apps to sd, but still no option for this. Is there anyway possible to move these apps???

Advertisement
    :
  2. to3kn33

to3kn33 Member

This is what the app manager says

Attached Files:

3. SicFreak

SicFreak The Message is SIC!

What is the need to move apps to the sd card? You've already got a decent amount of internal storage.

On that note, your internal shows as an sd card if you haven't noticed. It might not recognize it as internal
  4. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour Well-Known Member

If the Lucid 2 works like the Lucid then the internal storage is already mounted as /sdcard/ so basically it is telling you that it won't copy to the SD card [internal storage].
  5. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

I know this is old, but maybe some will benefit. Yeah, the Lucid 2 has a large internal "SD," but still, its always good to keep internal storage open for web downloads and stuff. I, personally, use Link2SD. You partition your SD card in CWM with at least 1-2Gb and then when you open Link2SD after booting, follow the directions. After its set up, I go to User Apps and then select all and then Create Link. After that, go into the settings and set it to automatically link new apps. BAM! Good to go. Hope this helps :)
  6. PopsC

PopsC New Member

I keep getting messages that my internal storage is low. I move as much as I can to SD(0) or Dropbox and still get warnings, after a bit. Dows this sound reasonable?
  7. PopsC

PopsC New Member

I like the sound of this answer. Depending on some more information. Do you store your apps somewhere other than the internal, and set the link to that location? Otherwise I do not see a benefit here.
  8. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat Well-Known Member

I use an app called DirectoryBind. Root is required.
    It lets you move whatever you want to physical SD card. No need for partitioning and no need for CWM (is there even a working CWM for Lucid 2?).
    The hardest part is getting the settings to survive a reboot, but once it does, you're golden. I found I had to enable the alternate database mgmt to get settings to stick.
  9. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour Well-Known Member

Going along with solutions to this problem I used the app External 2 internal ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.codlab.int2ext )
    Make sure the internal mount point is /storage/sdcard0 and external mount point is /storage/sdcard1 then the external device access is /dev/block/vold/179:33
    Then you just push the button and it should remount the internal as external and vice versa.

EDIT: Actually that didn't solve the problem because it is still detected as emulated storage.. But still useful for apps to save data to. I used it to trick Grand Theft Auto 3 to install.