• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why did I make my Nexus One be a mobile web server?

frogiss117

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
- About my android smartphone web server -

I want to share my private files(contents) over the internet
I want to share the private files(contents) on my smartphone with far away friends over the internet.
Normally I can upload them on the internet server and let my friends download them. But I don't want share them public. I can't believe the safety and also can't control the server.
Most safe way for this demand is to save the files only on the phone and to let friends access to my phone directly. In other words, I don't need any outer server.
So I've looked for a smartphone web server, at last I decided to use the iFMW; GoldenPack's mobile web server application.
With the iFMW app, I have own internet URL for my Nexus One and now I can share my private files over the internet directly with special friends desired.

I want to share special files to special friends
I don't want everyone who can access into my phone to look at the same files.
For example, I'll share my business files only to the relative officers, and also share my fun contents only to the family members like my wife and sons.
So I make several sharing folders individual and put the contents separately. Therefore one group members would be able to access only their folder, because every folder has its own different internet URL and access passcode.
iFMW app helps me like this ****ing demand.

I want to know and control the sharing process
If I share contents on the outer server, I can't know if my friends has got them. And It is also complex to pause or refuse the sharing progress itself.
I want to know the process while my friends is downloading files from my phone. And also I want control the sharing process with pause/resume or refuse permission.
Only when I have my server and manage it, it's possible.
I made my Nexus One as a mobile web server, so I can do all of these powerful actions.
Just by iFMW app, I could.

I want to do sharing process even in offline area
Because iFMW is a mobile web server and no necessary to upload files, I can do sharing process on my smartphone even if the phone is in offline area.
Once the phone retrieves in online, sharing process goes itself automatically.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones