• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do certain apps automatically install after reset and others don't?

When I done it recently, because I changed the ROM and done a wipe, once I signed into Google it automatically re-installed the apps I had installed previously.

This is what I am talking about, but in my case it only installed 5 out of 15 apps. I am just wondering why it would not reinstall all the apps. I can go to my google dashboard and it shows the apps there, but only certain apps are automatically installed after a factory reset or a rom flash. There has to be a reason and a common thread between those that do and those that don't. For example. After my recent clean install of CM 10.2 for i727, waze, touchpal keyboard and Torque all installed automatically after I signed back into my account, but Trip advisor, CamScanner and Aquamail did not. All of these are third party apps I had installed on the previous rom (SuperNexus).

Upvote 0
Alright, shooting in the dark here, but after a few seconds of looking on Play, I'm wondering if it's because those apps which didn't install were recently updated?
Two out of the three were updated 8/4 and the only one recently updated that WAS installed (Touchpal) updated 8/8 (after this thread began).
There's also the other possibility of permissions changing and therefore Play wouldn't restore them without your permission.

Any chance, when after you allow apps to restore after a ROM install, and there's some missing, you head into Play, and My Apps. Do the missing ones show up there and give you the option to install?

Upvote 0
Any chance, when after you allow apps to restore after a ROM install, and there's some missing, you head into Play, and My Apps. Do the missing ones show up there and give you the option to install?

Only those apps that were automatically installed after the reset showed up in My Apps in the play store. But in my google dashboard it shows all the apps on my phone, both stock and installed.

It is really something that needs to figured out. What good is it for Google to offer the app data syncing feature if it only works for a small portion of apps on your phone. I tried using titanium for this, but it also is not reliable and glitchy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones