Why do most of the custom ROMs not support Video output on the DInc???

Last Updated:

1. danielevans83

danielevans83 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Am I the only one who has noticed that most of the custom roms for the DInc do not support video output? I LOVED MIUI by nix and was updating every time a new version came out, but recently I started trying the video output and there isn't even a prompt when you plug in the cable. It's like the ROM makers completely forgot to add video output, because it's not popular or something? Maybe it's built-in to Sense?

Not to mention that, but on the "Stock" roms it works okay at best. I'm on Stock 2.2 rooted and my phone crashes half the time I plug in a video output cable. I'm not trying to be a stickler, but why the heck can't anyone get this to work reliably? And why the heck are most of the ROM developers forgetting it entirely?

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I'm running SkyRaider vanilla and have not had a single issue with the video out? Dont remember if I ever actually tried it with any other rom though.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Video-out is an HTC feature. MIUI and other AOSP roms are built from the source-code up, so they would have to completely re-write the coding for tv-out, which would take someone dedicated to doing it probably a couple weeks, which as you can imagine, nobody can do.

ROMs built off an official release should have TV-out working just fine though.

4. danielevans83

danielevans83 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aha! Had a feeling it was tied in with Sense/HTC somehow. I guess I'm surprised nobody at all coded it so people could include it in the AOSP roms.

For the ROMs that do support it, has anyone else noticed the phone rebooting completely when you try to use it? After I plug it in and am playing music through my car, my phone will make the noise like the cable is connecting/disconnecting several times then it will freeze and reboot.

Out of the Sense-based ROMs, which one do you all think is the fastest? I was using Uncommon Sense but compared to MIUI it is SO SLOW. Maybe I've been spoiled by MIUI...