• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does radio app stop playing after screen shuts down

skeeterca

Mar 26, 2012
I have the iHeartRadio app on my samsung infuse. When using it the screen shuts down like it is suppose to after two minutes but then shortly after that the radio stops playing. If i unlock the screen the radio comes back on. I really don't want to leave the screen on the whole time i'm listening to the radio as that would burn the battery down quickly. I doo have juice defender in aggressive mode. Any way to set it up to keep playing with the screen off?

skeeter

I have the iHeartRadio app on my samsung infuse. When using it the screen shuts down like it is suppose to after two minutes but then shortly after that the radio stops playing. If i unlock the screen the radio comes back on. I really don't want to leave the screen on the whole time i'm listening to the radio as that would burn the battery down quickly. I doo have juice defender in aggressive mode. Any way to set it up to keep playing with the screen off?

skeeter

Hey skeeter and welcome to AF!

You pretty much answered your own question right in your post. Since you have JD running in agressive mode it will kill your data connection when the screen goes off. iHeardRadio requires a data connection to stream your music so if the screen goes off and JD shuts your data off the music is going to stop.

Is there a way to add an exception to JD such that if iHR is running than the data won't be shut off?

Reactions: skeeterca
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones