Why Facebook Pictures Won't Update & The SolutionTips

Last Updated:

1. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately, when you link the Facebook contacts to your device it will save their picture that you had when you first linked the contacts to your Gmail. You would have to delete them and re-add them if you want to change the pictures.

Straight from HTC

Advertisement
    Echo17121 likes this.
  2. Bisnicks

Bisnicks Well-Known Member

This isn't true! Mine have updated and I haven't deleted or added a new contact! They don't change right away but they will change around!

Sheesh, jj3699 and proskier like this.
  3. shinn

shinn Member

i've had some change automatically and some that are stuck...

4. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HTC...never consistent with your answers. Ugh...

5. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

That has been my experience as well. Maybe this will be fixed in a software update ....

6. alecks2217

alecks2217 Active Member

I hope they update this. Even if I could re-sync them manually it would be better than nothing.

7. docp

docp Active Member

i have found that the only ones that do change are the ones that automatically linked themselves when i first turned on the phone. if i had to manually pick the contact in facebook, these pictures stick and do not update.

8. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Not sure but I have been having this issue since day 1 with the Dinc. I just went into Menu>Accounts & Sync> and clicked on Facebook for HTC Sense and then removed the account. I then added the account back in, manually synced it again, then went into my address book and moved that little icon over the Web (or world Icon) and chose Facebook and then hit the menu button and had it re-sync all those contacts and now they are all properly up to date! Finally. Now I just hope it updates them manually instead of me having to do this every now and again.

9. cbanning

cbanning Well-Known Member

I did a factory reset after 2.2 OTA. Now very few of facebook friends even show up when I try to link their photos. I've tried the Accounts and Sync > sync now option, but nada. Any ideas?

10. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

try going to people>view>check facebook> done

11. DaisyLab

DaisyLab Active Member

I think I am having the same issue. They use to be linked, and now aren't. When I go in to link them, they aren't even in my friends list, but they are in native Facebook. I go to Friend Stream, and I only have about a third of my contacts even listed.

Help!

12. DaisyLab

DaisyLab Active Member

Update: Went to friend stream, selected menu, friends, refresh. The missing ones showed up....

13. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I tried that and then it puts everybody on your FB in your contacts, most people dont want that.

14. proskier

proskier Active Member

I have had the same thing happen... some people it will not update but some it will

15. bowl443

bowl443 Member

eipee73 likes this.
  16. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

I've been using this program for a few weeks now. It works like a charm, seems to be the only thing that works on my Incredible to update the FB contact pics.

17. InTooDeep

InTooDeep New Member

Mine seems to update but it takes a few days. I can't figure out how to actually make it update. I've tried everything.

18. hoffasenior

hoffasenior Member

My wife uses the facebook feature on my incredible, and when I send a text, her facebook picture shows up. I am able to remove it on my contact card temporarily, but then it shows up again. What is a possible solution.....(tried searching to no avail)

19. ChuckFarley

ChuckFarley Well-Known Member

Like some, or most of you, out there: you've noticed that some of your contacts pictures will update with facebook and some will not. The issue isn't with HTC or with the phone; it has to do with your friend's privacy settings on facebook. Basically, if you have all of your privacy settings to, "get f'ed", then you're not going to get a lovely new picture when the first one you've accessed changes.

Sharondippity likes this.
  20. Sheesh

Sheesh New Member

My Mytouch 3G always does this & i figured out how to fix it without uninstalling it. Go to setup on the menu...under accounts tap, facebook its going to ask you if u r sure u want to log out. Tap yes and then log back in. Works every time for me!