• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why is swype so screwy JUST on dinc

Jeffruby

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2009
I have the brand new version...and it started well...but MAN it is so frustrationg to have that stupid pop up about hidden words come up...AND odd choices of words pop up over commen words.....finally had to quit on this version...

went BACK to shapewritier...and it NOW seems SO MUCH better!!!! irony is...a few versions of swype ago...shapewriter seems so inferior....amazing how bad this new version runs on dinc

I have the brand new version...and it started well...but MAN it is so frustrationg to have that stupid pop up about hidden words come up...AND odd choices of words pop up over commen words.....finally had to quit on this version...

went BACK to shapewritier...and it NOW seems SO MUCH better!!!! irony is...a few versions of swype ago...shapewriter seems so inferior....amazing how bad this new version runs on dinc

What version of swype are you using? I have 2.4.44.10912 and it works fine.

Upvote 0
Try turning off word prediction. It tries to predict before you finish swiping and it doesn't work very well...

I recently decided to try slideIT because many people said it was better than swype but I hated it. I haven't tried shapewriter in several months because I have been happier with Swype.

Upvote 0
Word predictions. I wasn't sure if it was on or off by default. I just knew that I tried it before and it was horrible. I'm not sure what is up with your install of swype. Maybe your dictionary is hosed up.

I can't go back to the stock keyboard. I hate typing now that I've been swyping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones