• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is the Samsung Galaxy S2 (t-mobile) forum so popular?

dontpanicbobby

100% That Guy
Dec 31, 2011
Boston MA USA
I can't help but notice a lot of activity on the Samsung Galaxy S2 (t-mobile) forum; that's the phone I own. But lately I've noticed other phone brand owners and carrier users coming there for advice. Is the Galaxy S2 (t-mobile) the most popular phone around? I thought this being a 2011 Phone it wouldn't get quite so much activity. Or could it be that Samsung Galaxy S2 (t-mobile) users are more likely to answer someones questions? Is there a graph somewhere that shows forum usage?

Reactions: UnknownAlly
Moved to Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) section. :)
I am not aware of a specific graph that shows usage honestly, but as for why this section is so populated could be due to more people getting this version, thus creating more activity here. Not entirely sure, but ti's good to see such an active section where members can get the support they need for their device. :)

Upvote 0
I can't help but notice a lot of activity on the Samsung Galaxy S2 (t-mobile) forum; that's the phone I own. But lately I've noticed other phone brand owners and carrier users coming there for advice. Is the Galaxy S2 (t-mobile) the most popular phone around? I thought this being a 2011 Phone it wouldn't get quite so much activity. Or could it be that Samsung Galaxy S2 (t-mobile) users are more likely to answer someones questions? Is there a graph somewhere that shows forum usage?

T-Mobile Galaxy S2 is the most underrated/least popular phone, the international and AT&T one are overrated as hell.

Upvote 0
This particular forum or forums in general Aries86? This particular forum is supposed to be for the t-mobile Galaxy S2 model T989 but we get users of other Galaxy S2 models in here a lot. We still try to help them as much as we can even though the hardware is very different. Forums in General vary. Some are easy going and friendly like this one. Others can be so focused that comradeship is the last thing on posters minds. Welcome to Android Forums Aires86.

Upvote 0
Because it's a great phone that has good developers that keep it alive with roms, kernels, etc. for it. I will help anybody that I can. I have had this phone for a year now. I actually turned down the S3 but will most likely get the S4 soon. I usuallyonly post on the xda developers tmobile sgh-t989 forumsbut thought I would put my two cents in on this topic. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Honestly, T-Mobile got the best version of the GSII out of all the carriers. With the exception of the Skyrocket (i727), This version of the GS2 has a faster processor (1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 APQ8060), faster Data (HSPA+ 44Mbit) Screen Size 4.5 vs 4.3 slightly more storage, before ICS and JB were made available. And a bigger battery.

This version of the GS2 IMHO is far superior then the others, it is on par with the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket for AT&T with the exception of the 4G, AT&T used LTE, which at the time wasn't active, but T-Mobile HSPA+ 44 still blows AT&T's LTE out of the water.

Upvote 0
Is the Galaxy S2 (t-mobile) the most popular phone around?

Its not your dealing with human nature which equates to having everything new but in truth new is not always better especially JB wise.Require more battery consumption to use any new features especially 4g connections ICS is in equivalent league.Best are Cupcake,Eclair,Froyo,and Gingerbread nothing else given their solely stock not that new crap

Upvote 0
I still use my T989 for the most part. I got a T999 (GS3), But I still have a love for this phone. I upgraded to a Galaxy Mega 6.2 which is very much on par with the GS3 And I still like this phone. But alas the time will come to retire this phone. But until then my son will use it.

I will say this. The T989 is a durable phone that has been able to handle everything I have thrown at it. I have had everything from Android Gingerbread to KK on it and she just keeps going and going. Never had any major issues with it. I had to replace the microusb port in it, but that was 5 minutes worth of work and she is still chugging along.like a trooper.

Upvote 0
I still use mine cause it's still a dang fine phone, it was years ahead of it's time, which means that for me and my purposes, it's still current. And I see no need to fix what ain't broke. When it dies, I guaran-damn-tee that I will have had my 299$ + tax worth out of it. I just bought my wife an S3LTE @ wally world for 299 + tax, and it's nice, but I don't exactly use mine for much more than, well, a phone.... or occasionally a gps. It plays music, it plays games, and it flips through the screens fast enough for me. I hope to get many more years out of it. Android can be on Twix, and I will still be on the Bean, and I won't care!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones