• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is the wifi on my phone so slow right now?

crashhat69

Nov 14, 2012
oregon
For the last few days or so the wifi on my phone has been super slow, but it's perfectly fine on my laptop. Anyone know why it's been slow on my phone? I just uninstalled a game and reinstalled it to see if a problem I was having within the game would get fixed, when I went to reinstall it, it took a couple minutes to download the 24mb file when it usually would take a few seconds!

For the last few days or so the wifi on my phone has been super slow, but it's perfectly fine on my laptop. Anyone know why it's been slow on my phone? I just uninstalled a game and reinstalled it to see if a problem I was having within the game would get fixed, when I went to reinstall it, it took a couple minutes to download the 24mb file when it usually would take a few seconds!
It's hard to know for sure since we don't have access to your phone and network. The first thing I'd suggest is to clear cache on your phone. After that, I don't know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones