• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wife or girlfriend unhappy about your EVO purchase?

Thats what I used to get, too! I remember my GF's upgrade was due the same time as the EVO launch and mine was due to following month. Everytime shed come over I would say, "Can I check out your phone?" I'd be on it all night. She got very frustrated at times. lol Luckily (for her) Sprint let me upgrade 2 weeks early and she didnt have to put up with that for the whole month.
Yeah we both got phones on Evo launch day and she wanted one with a keyboard, so we were stuck getting her a Moment. I wanna get her an Epic but I don't have that kinda cash lying around.

Upvote 0
My wife has always had problem with my phone addiction, going all the way back to the Treo 650. We have a running joke that my phone is my second p*nis because I'm always holding it and I can't seem to put it down.

But while my wife hated all my previous Winmo phones, she loves my Evo. I let her play games on it sometimes, and she doesn't get on me about the Evo as much because she kinda understands why it's almost permanently affixed to my hand. We both finished the Angry Birds demo and she can't wait for the full version to come out.

I was looking at getting an Android tablet for her, but the Galaxy tab is a bust (having to get a data contract with Verizon is a deal breaker) and affordable tablets with capacitance screens are too rare, so I'll probably end up getting an ipod touch 4 for her birthday.

Upvote 0
Oh no, I didn't "finish it" finish it. Just got through all the levels.

My one complaint, and I don't know if it's inherent to the game or an issue with the Android version, is that pulling the slingshot all the way back is a little touchy. I have to jiggle my finger around to get full cock.

That's what she said.

I'll have to check out Alchemy. My wife loves puzzle games like that.

Upvote 0
Man my wife could care less about her EVO. I purchased four when we switched from TMobile to Sprint. I am CONSUMED by this phone but my I'm still on the up hill portion of the bell curve about rooting. Waiting on 3.2 one click. She admits it's probably the best phone on the planet but all she wants is a phone SHE PICKS so the next time I'll let her decide. The worst part is I new the Epic (keyboard) was going to be coming out just didn't know for sure when (56 days after I purchased EVO's). On a positive note she does admit to getting the EVO out at Pan##ra Bread to show off (people ask her about it). :) Too funny. If it weren't for the touch keypad and the fingernails issues both my wife and mother would probably enjoy their phones more. I was able to resolve the battery issues for everyone in the family thanks to this forum and it's extremely helpful and knowledgable members Cudos and Many Thanks for helping an assimilated former Blackberry user!

Charles

Upvote 0
My fiance and I have been together for almost 6 years now. In this length of time she has learned that I love my cars and love my phones and spend time on those 2 hobbies. I still spend way more time with her and she doesnt get upset about it. She knows that these are my hobbies and respects them. She said she would rather me be working on my cars or phones than out at a stripclub or trying to cheat on her. She is wonderful and the love of my life, which no phone or car could ever come between.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones