• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi - Authentication Error Occurred

Nightfall

May 12, 2010
Is anyone else getting a WiFi error on their Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that says "Authentication Error Occurred"?

This error doesn't come up all the time, probably once a day and I can reconnect to the access point. I never have to reboot the wifi on the Note 2, the whole note 2, or the router. This seems to happen at my access point at home more often than the one at work. My router at home is an ASUS-RT66N while the work access points are Cisco based 1242AG with a wireless controller.

I read through a similar article on this here for an S3.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...ication-error-occurred-galaxy-s3-4-0-4-a.html

I haven't changed anything in my access point, but I am going to do some troubleshooting on this later this week. Anyone else see this issue?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones