• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi connected, but no internet??

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to say what worked for me on my Galaxy s4 (verizon). I tried EVERYTHING above and nothing worked so I started trying all the other suggestions in different orders.
1. Go into settings and "forget" the wifi you are trying to connect to
2. Power down phone/tablet
3. Wait 30 seconds and power on again.
4. Reconnect to the wifi.
Fixed my problem but you have to do it in that order. Hope this helps someone else!

Upvote 0
I know this is an old thread, but I was having the same issue on my HTC Evo V 3D. I ended up resetting my router (Linksys E3000) to factory and re-setting it back up. Works great now.
My phone and tablet wifi work fine on other networks, just not on my own. The setup has been stable for years. Something just changed, a week or two ago, so that the android connections don't work on my home network. Trying to figure out the problem, I went into the internet settings on my Vizio TV, which now also refuses to connect to the internet. I give it all the information it asks for, including network password, and it rejects the info as incorrect.

I'm gathering all the solutions offered here, but does anyone else have my problem? It seems to isolate the malfunction to my own modem or routers. (Turned the RangeMax extender on and off to see if it affected anything, and it did not.)

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones