• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi Connectivity Issues

D

Deleted User

Hello. I've had my (first) S8 since 4/19 and since the first moments it was activated, wifi would disconnect and reconnect immediately. It would do this several times in a row sometimes, then be fine for hours as far as I could tell, then do it randomly from time to time.

It is not the network, because I've used it on multiple networks I connect to regularly and no other devices had this problem. So I called Verizon today and they said it was not a known issue and suggested I swap out the phone at a store while it's still returnable.

So I did just that...and it's still happening with the second phone.

I've had a S6 and S7 before this and have nothing set up differently and no new programs installed since running the S7 with Android 7.0.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the responses. I checked the smart network switch settings and apps usage history and unfortunately this is not the issue. It could be an app conflict, but my instincts say no.

I did call Verizon back who contacted Samsung who acknowledged they are working on a patch for the issue... but the way the Verizon agent explained it made me less than confident...oh well! Hopefully it will resolve itself one way or another soon...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones