• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi not detected after Lollipop update

AM_SOS

Sep 30, 2012
Hi all,

I had updated my Moto G (1st Gen) KitKat to Lollipop 5.2, and have had a trouble free transition except the WiFi.

Earlier the WiFi worked fine with KK. But after updating my phone no longer "sees" the WiFi router. Strangely, all the neighbours WiFi routers are being detected as before.

A friend who had also used my WiFi updated from KK to Lollipop. She didn't format her phone and Lollipop worked fine and also detected my WiFi (along with the neighbours) routers. However the moment we formatted her phone, my WiFi was no longer shown in the list of routers! The neighbours' routers continue to be seen.

I have since cleared the cache partition but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Please advice. Thanks!

You may try a factory reset.Resetting sometimes fixes issues like this and its recommended to do a factory reset when updating to a newer os.
To reset your device:

1. Touch
spdrjpn13.png

2. Touch Settings

3. Touch Backup & reset

4. Touch Factory Data Reset

5. Touch Reset Phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones